PC Various issues when binding certain hotkeys (Space, Control)

Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I've rebound Mouse 1 to Space and Mouse 2 to Left Control out of preference using the in-game control settings - however, this causes certain problems such as not being able to quick-trash items properly (as it picks up/selects the item instead), or highlight items in the chat (Alt+Space does nothing).
It also causes some issues with text input menus, such as not being able to exit out of the port selection screen when joining by IP, as the only options are pressing Enter and clicking 'Back', which inputs a space into the port field.

Last edited:
If your having issues with the keybindings, you can reset them by deleting your input profiles.json. When you restart the game, it will be default controls.

Thank you, however, it's intentional - these are the bindings I'm most comfortable with.
I had another look and noticed there's an option in the menu to use Left Shift for Quick Trash which solves that issue in my particular case, but there is still no way to highlight items in chat when 'Use Item' is bound to Space; the same also happens with any other key that's used for typing - essentially any keyboard key.

Having text boxes override the custom bindings and use the default ones while they're active could be a potential fix (so that Alt + Mouse 1 would highlight the item regardless of what the player has the binds set to).
Hopefully my explanation is adequate. Let me know if there's anything I should elaborate on.

Edit: Here's a quick clip demonstrating it: streamable.com/92sf86

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom