Game Mechanics Visual and Audio cue when a projectile is reflected

Snickerbobble

The Painter
I don't know if anyone else was as confused as me when I was killed by my own projectile, but the first time when I was up against the Solar Pillar and died from my Seedler, I thought it was a bug. I didn't even see it fly back and hit me, so I just assumed I got hit by a blast of fire or something. And even now knowing this, it can be hard to detect when a projectile is being reflected when there's so much going on in the screen. But what if there was a way to give a small heads up?

When a projectile is reflected, there could be a visual and audio cue that'll make it obvious something is being reflected. I imagine it could work similarly to Miracle Matter here:

(16 seconds in)

There could also be sparks that emit from the projectile so you know where it is, but even just the deflection sound and force field effect would help enough. Biome mimics would also have this property, and perhaps Skeletron in Expert could borrow it as well, but more of a clue to attack the hands first. Expert is for Experts, but I don't think it's apparent enough on your own that its head has increased defense if the arms are alive. A first time expert player without wiki or forum help would just assume the boss just has TONS of defense.. anyway

I think this addition would make the Solar fight a lot more fair, as this deflection ability can catch you off guard, even after the first few times. Nothing like being one-hit killed by your own Meowmere.. :dryadtongue:

Yes! This is absolutely needed, it will be a nice polish and can help give a signal to unexperienced people who are unaware of the projectile reflection of certain enemies.

(Off-topic a wee bit, but I would like to see the player be able to reflect certain projectiles themselves, such as pressing a button with the Cobalt Shield with an attached cooldown to prevent spamming.)

Back
Top Bottom