PC [Visual Bug?] Stardust Guardian is no longer translucent? (Some dyes now look way worse on him because of this.)

Lythael

The Destroyer
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
EDIT: This seems to be dye specific issue with Stardust Guardian.
It does have the slight transparency effect by default but only when undyed (default colors).

Any dye applied causes it to lose all the transparency effect.
Unlike in 1.3 where the transparency effect was preserved when dye was applied.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before 1.4 Stardust Guardian was a bit translucent like the Stardust Dragon by default.
Now he is lacking any sort of transparency.
(Stardust Dragon still has the same slight transparency effect like Stardust Guardian used to have tho.)

Some dyes like the Shadow dye looked amazing on him before 1.4 now they look awful.
Example:

Pre 1.4 SG with Shadow Dye:
1_3.jpg

Post 1.4 SG with Shadow Dye:
1_4.jpg

Its not just Shadow Dye that looks a bit off mind you but any darker dye that would make him more transparent now looks off.
I really hope this wasn't intentional ... please no.

I'm gonna really miss my cool looking Shadow/Phase/Grim Guardian :(

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'd suspect that you could create a texture pack that would fix this issue. Couldn't even tell you the first step to doing this, but that's what texture packs do right? change/fix sprites?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'd suspect that you could create a texture pack that would fix this issue. Couldn't even tell you the first step to doing this, but that's what texture packs do right? change/fix sprites?

Wish i knew how to do that. Cause i would fix this for myself right away to the way it was before 1.4

So i did poke around in the SD and SG textures.
Both don't have any sort of transparency except for the cut out background.

So this must be something else rather than just sprite texture itself.
Was hoping i would able to correct this via a texture pack but nope i guess not :/

EDIT: I did further testing found what the issue is. Stardust Guardian DOES still have its transparency but only undyed.
Any dye applied to Stardust Guardian causes it to lose all its transparency regardless what type of dye it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom