Other Voice Chat

The1DarkLord

Skeletron Prime
I don't know if they are adding this with the steam integration, but i would like a voice chat option. It would be pretty standard fare (push to talk, option to mute players, etc.), except for a couple things (which are completely optional, but I am putting them in here because I think they are funny):
  • Equipping a megaphone (but only a megaphone. None of its tinkerings) will make it impossible to mute that player. [Edit] Unless, that is, you happen to be the host.
  • Wearing a helmet that covers the bottom of your face will muffle your voice a little.
  • You will only be able to clearly hear players that are on your screen. Players nearby, but offscreen will be muffled and quiet. Players far away will not be heard. (A megaphone allows a player to be heard by everyone regardless of location)

Last edited:
This sounds like a nice idea for roleplaying and stuff, but I don't think equipping a megaphone should be able to over rule being muted. Muting is primarily used against trolls or people you don't want to hear.

That's why it's optional. Maybe it doesn't get added. I mostly just thought it would be pretty funny.
Besides, you can still ban people.

Back
Top Bottom