tModLoader Vibrant Reverie (formerly W1K's Mod Redux)

I don't think a mod should have to be a WIP because it doesn't work with a different mod. If it works with the base game alone, it is fine. I doubt that @W1K has the time to go and test his mod side-by-side with each other mod and make sure that they are comparable. Also, maybe don't cheat and play the mod organically to not crash.

Uploaded a "fast" hotfix. Pretty much what you'd expect.

Version 1.0.0.1 changelog:
- Removed erroneous entries to prevent compatibility issues (namely, infinite loops and interface breaking bugs while using Cheat Sheet Extended)
- Updated Phoenix Breath sprite (contributed by @Eli10293)

If the download link is down, allow it a minute or two to be done uploading.

I'm having a lot of fun with this mod's contents fine internet modder :p . However, can I suggest one tiny point of feedback?

Thank you. My only critique would be the magma golem. He's a huge bugger and seems to be spawning a bit too frequently. Is there any chance you might lower the spawn chance a bit? I only say this because it seems odd for an enemy of this scale to be so numerous. Apart from that I'm really enjoying the mod. :merchanthappy:

Thank you. My only critique would be the magma golem. He's a huge bugger and seems to be spawning a bit too frequently. Is there any chance you might lower the spawn chance a bit? I only say this because it seems odd for an enemy of this scale to be so numerous. Apart from that I'm really enjoying the mod. :merchanthappy:
Yes, actually, that has been a thought for a while.
The issue with the current state of Magma Golems and Fire Queens is, they were initially made to give life to the hardmode underworld, which had no hardmode exclusive enemies back in 1.1 and I didn't particularly like the idea of the underworld being, ironically, the least dangerous of biomes. Magma Golems were supposed to be swarming walking bulldozers which only hardmode weapons could properly pierce defense, as a way of keeping the player away from the underworld early on as I have noticed a tendency in players exploring exclusively from the underworld up while scavenging for hardmode ores (arguably among the easiest ways of farming them).
Times have changed a bit with expert mode changes and the new post-mech enemies, the only reason I felt they were a necessary port was the armor set tied to them. However... the armor set and the weapon tied to it are easily at risk of rework, so I might decide to change or move them to a higher tier altogether.

I will see how to properly tweak stuffs, but for now, I'll push Magma Golems spawn rates down a bit once next update hits, while probably changing their amount of drops accordingly. I might also decide to make them a bit more dangerous to engage, much akin to their Ice Golem cousins (brothers?) but this change might not come until I decide what to do with the armor set.

Is there a tmod file for this? Really interested in trying this mod out but all I get is a .rar file.
The .tmod file is inside the .rar file. Mostly for the sake of compression and because anti-viruses like to scream if you download uncommon file types.

Oh man, I remember playing this back in Tconfig days.
Anyway, can I request an update? It seems that recent updates to the mod loader have broken the mod.

Oh man, I remember playing this back in Tconfig days.
Anyway, can I request an update? It seems that recent updates to the mod loader have broken the mod.
Just recompiled the mod with the latest tModLoader build (0.8.3.4) and updated the download link with it.

EDIT: I was also finally able to upload the mod to the Mod Browser, however, due to size limitations, such version will be considered "Lite" as I had to completely remove Ridley's boss music to make it fit.
I might have to find a way around it at a later time, maybe have two separate mods, one for extra unnecessary contents (such as heavy sound files) downloadable manually, and the bare-bone mod through the Mod Browser. For now, the Mod Browser version will be considered "Lite" and will not contain Ridley's boss soundtrack (and any potential future boss music, such as Nightmare when I'm actually done porting it), while the version downloadable on this thread will contain everything as it should be.

Last edited:
hey man,I love your mod very much,but my friend and I have a problem when we play together on Expert.It seems like the boss--Ardorix always recovered when in battle.So we couldn't defeat it in pre-hardmode.Shall we combat with it in hardmode or it is a BUG?Anyway,it is a nice mod and we love it!!

hey man,I love your mod very much,but my friend and I have a problem when we play together on Expert.It seems like the boss--Ardorix always recovered when in battle.So we couldn't defeat it in pre-hardmode.Shall we combat with it in hardmode or it is a BUG?Anyway,it is a nice mod and we love it!!
Phoenix have a built in mechanic which builds a counter based on how much damage they receive (you'll notice the particles surrounding them becoming bigger as you damage them). When they reach a certain point, they go invulnerable and heal. Not damaging the phoenix for a few seconds resets the counter (the particles disappear).
At least that's assuming you people haven't figured out the fight's mechanics, unless I'm mistaking the post and there's some weird bug triggering their heal when it's not supposed to.

Just recompiled the mod with the latest tModLoader build (0.8.3.4) and updated the download link with it.

EDIT: I was also finally able to upload the mod to the Mod Browser, however, due to size limitations, such version will be considered "Lite" as I had to completely remove Ridley's boss music to make it fit.
I might have to find a way around it at a later time, maybe have two separate mods, one for extra unnecessary contents (such as heavy sound files) downloadable manually, and the bare-bone mod through the Mod Browser. For now, the Mod Browser version will be considered "Lite" and will not contain Ridley's boss soundtrack (and any potential future boss music, such as Nightmare when I'm actually done porting it), while the version downloadable on this thread will contain everything as it should be.
Ask the maker of TModLoader to increase the data limit for WiK, it's how Thorium, Calamity and a few other things get on there in full.

Ask the maker of TModLoader to increase the data limit for WiK, it's how Thorium, Calamity and a few other things get on there in full.
Maybe at a later time. I understand the limitations are there for a reason, either to avoid exploiting or because the server can't manage too much stress. If the contents that I cannot fit in start getting more significant and the limitations are not extended until then, I might actually request by the time it is obvious I'm not up to anything wrong.

Phoenix have a built in mechanic which builds a counter based on how much damage they receive (you'll notice the particles surrounding them becoming bigger as you damage them). When they reach a certain point, they go invulnerable and heal. Not damaging the phoenix for a few seconds resets the counter (the particles disappear).
At least that's assuming you people haven't figured out the fight's mechanics, unless I'm mistaking the post and there's some weird bug triggering their heal when it's not supposed to.
Thx a lot!And now I know how to beat it.Interesting setting!

So hummmmm...

So, its expected of the player to know that these 3 bosses, which completely annihilate players in Expert mode, that you can't actually damage them too fast or they just stop and regen 100? Also, i've been using the fire imp staff, which fires as soon as possible and deals constant fire debuff, which damages them. My character personally does a ton of damage, so that might be it, but i've yet to drop it beyond 500 damage, even taking it slow. I don't if its all intended, but it feels like these things are just undying. (Phoenix, i get it, but maybe these are a bit much for us silly players)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom