tModLoader Vibrant Reverie (formerly W1K's Mod Redux)

Can i get the old tmod version pleas ?
If you mean you need a download compatible with tModLoader 0.8 and below, I don't have the most recent version of it anymore, however I have a backup of 1.0.0.1, but you'll have to compile it yourself.
If you don't know how, just drop the folder inside the rar into your "\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources" folder, then run the game and compile the modpack through the mod sources menu.

If you mean you need a download compatible with tModLoader 0.8 and below, I don't have the most recent version of it anymore, however I have a backup of 1.0.0.1, but you'll have to compile it yourself.
If you don't know how, just drop the folder inside the rar into your "\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources" folder, then run the game and compile the modpack through the mod sources menu.
I used to love your mods in the good old days, looking forward to seeing some new content!

However, you state there's a size limit in the mod browser, though thorium seems to be bigger (9.5mb compared to 8.7mb) if it's because you plan on releasing more content soon disregard my message, but it'd be a whole lot easier if it was compatible with the mod browser :p Again, thanks for all your work!

I used to love your mods in the good old days, looking forward to seeing some new content!

However, you state there's a size limit in the mod browser, though thorium seems to be bigger (9.5mb compared to 8.7mb) if it's because you plan on releasing more content soon disregard my message, but it'd be a whole lot easier if it was compatible with the mod browser :p Again, thanks for all your work!
Thank you for loving my mods. As a matter of fact I also love my mods. And modding. Except when I'm uninspired. Which is kinda often. Which sucks.
Either way the reborn phoenix rework is coming along and it's definitely more promising than the weird cluster of swear words they are currently. Chance is I will also ship some new phoenix themed gears alongside. On that regard, I wouldn't mind suggestions and more importantly sprites or someone who could direct me to someone who made sprites which could be fitting for such category of items.

On the mod browser note, as far as I know Thorium has special permissions to ship beyond the size limitations. I'm not aware of what the requirements are to gain such permissions, but even if it's simply "ask the devs about it" I don't want to bother them for something as simple as one audio file occupying way more space than it should. Either way, the mod does have a "Lite" version currently on the mod browser and the only real difference from the normal version is the lack of said music file (which is Ridley's boss music). It doesn't exactly take much away from the experience either way.

Ah thank you very much for the informative answer. I'm glad you enjoy modding, your mods have always added a level of depth and complexity (and customization) that others have a difficult time achieving. If I do think of any suggestions, I'll let you know, however I look forward to see what the future brings. Again thank you!

Reactions: W1K
Thank you for loving my mods. As a matter of fact I also love my mods. And modding. Except when I'm uninspired. Which is kinda often. Which sucks.
Either way the reborn phoenix rework is coming along and it's definitely more promising than the weird cluster of swear words they are currently. Chance is I will also ship some new phoenix themed gears alongside. On that regard, I wouldn't mind suggestions and more importantly sprites or someone who could direct me to someone who made sprites which could be fitting for such category of items.

On the mod browser note, as far as I know Thorium has special permissions to ship beyond the size limitations. I'm not aware of what the requirements are to gain such permissions, but even if it's simply "ask the devs about it" I don't want to bother them for something as simple as one audio file occupying way more space than it should. Either way, the mod does have a "Lite" version currently on the mod browser and the only real difference from the normal version is the lack of said music file (which is Ridley's boss music). It doesn't exactly take much away from the experience either way.
Sorry to ask but what kind of mod or addition is that phoenix stuff anyway ?

I remember the reborn mod, iirc, w1k was a coder on a team of some of the best modders of the day (Yoraizor, Obsidian and others) I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) but the main attraction of that mod was the Mech Pheonix, which revived 3 other phoenix's of varying difficulty, I'm unsure whether the mod got released (I can't find it on here anywhere) Unfortunately you missed the golden age of modding, hopefully W1k's return will mean the return of Terraria's modding scene (From what I can see Thorium/Calamity are the new Tremor, N Terraria, Obsidian mod, Avalon and a few others)

I remember the reborn mod, iirc, w1k was a coder on a team of some of the best modders of the day (Yoraizor, Obsidian and others) I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) but the main attraction of that mod was the Mech Pheonix, which revived 3 other phoenix's of varying difficulty, I'm unsure whether the mod got released (I can't find it on here anywhere) Unfortunately you missed the golden age of modding, hopefully W1k's return will mean the return of Terraria's modding scene (From what I can see Thorium/Calamity are the new Tremor, N Terraria, Obsidian mod, Avalon and a few others)
tremor is still with us to :p

IIRC, Reborn had a falling out, something to do with HERO or something, it was years ago. Either way, W1K moved the Pheonixes here as they were technically their creation as far as boss code. I could have some of the minor details wrong, of course.

As for 'golden age' I doubt that part, if anything I've used more mods with lots of creativity all scattered around as of late. Sure, the 'big names' like Omnir isn't fully back yet, but stuff like Thorium and Calamity's certainly doing good jobs of being massive projects that add to the creativity.

tremor is still with us to :p
Yeah, but it's not the original Tremor :p

IIRC, Reborn had a falling out, something to do with HERO or something, it was years ago. Either way, W1K moved the Pheonixes here as they were technically their creation as far as boss code. I could have some of the minor details wrong, of course.

As for 'golden age' I doubt that part, if anything I've used more mods with lots of creativity all scattered around as of late. Sure, the 'big names' like Omnir isn't fully back yet, but stuff like Thorium and Calamity's certainly doing good jobs of being massive projects that add to the creativity.

Sure, I meant "golden age" as in pretty much the only mods worth downloading were massive content mods, these days, it's 3 small mods here, 4 large mods, 2 fixes (quality of life/vanilla tweaks) and a few others. But yeah, golden ages can repeat themselves, and let's hope in this case, it does!

Reborn was released, and with kind of mixed feelings as it wasn't exactly too impressive both from a contents standpoint and from a management standpoint. But I don't like bringing that particular subject up because it leads to nothing but storms made of brown goo.

I did code the main mechanic of the first phoenix, which then were ported over to the other phoenixes as Yorai made different projectiles for each. It also ported over to the mech phoenixes. When the project died, I did not feel like leaving the trio behind as they were a very nice collaborative work between me, Yorai and Omnir, not only it holds a symbolic value but they were effectively also the main attraction of the mod and us being the ultimate "owners" of the concept, everyone was fine with me porting them over to my own pack, along with reusing the sprites for the armor which I completely remade to be more unique. I did not touch the mech phoenix however as I felt they were simply recycling a piece of content which was already being pushed to its extreme.
I did tweak them multiple times over the years to be less "extreme" and more enjoyable, but ultimately I did feel they remain almost a failed design in terms of challenge and player enjoyment, which is why I am currently in the process of reworking them. It also gives me an excuse to enrich their loot table, which is something that should've happened long ago otherwise.

Also, I would call the tConfig era the "golden age of modding" exclusively because modders were effectively running the community as we were the only source of new contents for a long while. The modding community is going great once again, but I don't attribute that much to my own contributions (in fact, I believe my contents at the moment are far less popular than the currently well known big modpacks, probably partially because I usually focus on delivering contents without changing much of the main game's progression which leads to less impact, or simply because I'm less active which I'm trying to fix).

Well said, sums it up beautifully, it's a shame there was a falling out, I did love all of the content from the major modders (you included) so I was looking forward to it for a long time, I'm not really sure why I moved on, it's hard to say, likely the multiplayer bugs, these days multiplayer seems to work a lot better, so hopefully I'll stick around for a while to see the new golden age.

MakeTerrariaModdingGreatAgain :p

You need to design more bosses, the phoenix bosses have a great and from what I've seen a fairly unique mechanic. I haven't see another mod come close to these. Sprites could probably use a touch up. There's a guy on the spirit mod page who could probably hook you up with them. Think it's Vladimier or vald. Can't remember. But those 3 are probably my favorite bosses to fight because it requires actual thought and can't be defeated without patience.

You need to design more bosses, the phoenix bosses have a great and from what I've seen a fairly unique mechanic. I haven't see another mod come close to these. Sprites could probably use a touch up. There's a guy on the spirit mod page who could probably hook you up with them. Think it's Vladimier or vald. Can't remember. But those 3 are probably my favorite bosses to fight because it requires actual thought and can't be defeated without patience.
There currently are around 9 custom bosses (plus 1 which needs to be ported still, and an existing one is multi-phase being effectively 3 bosses in one), which is a sizeable amount in my opinion.

What I'm not satisfied with is the lack of gears tied to each specific boss. Since the port to tModLoader started I have been revisiting every single piece of contents (may it be balance changes or complete reworks of existing gears or bosses) and what I have noticed is how each boss lacks rewards and is mainly focused on one specific set of gears. I pushed my love of NPC coding too far and this is the result of it, which I need to fix before I can effectively say what I have so far is acceptable.

I would say my main lack at the moment are sprites, sprites for weapons and armors, alongside the inpiration those do also provide.

There currently are around 9 custom bosses (plus 1 which needs to be ported still, and an existing one is multi-phase being effectively 3 bosses in one), which is a sizeable amount in my opinion.

What I'm not satisfied with is the lack of gears tied to each specific boss. Since the port to tModLoader started I have been revisiting every single piece of contents (may it be balance changes or complete reworks of existing gears or bosses) and what I have noticed is how each boss lacks rewards and is mainly focused on one specific set of gears. I pushed my love of NPC coding too far and this is the result of it, which I need to fix before I can effectively say what I have so far is acceptable.

I would say my main lack at the moment are sprites, sprites for weapons and armors, alongside the inpiration those do also provide.

Just saying, those were damn good fights. Probably the most unique bosses I've seen in terms of mechanics so far. Can't wait to see the rest.

The sprites themselves aren't bad really, they just need some touch-up work to bring them more in line with the rest of terraria. They look a bit fuzzy compared to every thing else.

Thanks for all your hard work. I know I'm a consumer of content and can't code or sprite, but I can say thanks for doing what you do and show appreciation for it.

Each phoenix having its own summon weapon would be cool as well. fits into the theme of being reborn. I can supply you with weapon and baby phoenix sprites, albeit I'm not the best spriter for organic beings.

Last edited:
Each phoenix having its own summon weapon would be cool as well. fits into the theme of being reborn. I can supply you with weapon and baby phoenix sprites, albeit I'm not the best spriter for organic beings.
We've had a similar idea in regards of a potential summon weapon, but because there are 3 phoenixes, figuring out a way of managing the limited summon slots is kind of a pain. That's why I decided to settle for a turret idea instead, in which 3 baby phoenixes would center around a "turret" (maybe a floating point made of the three fragments) and target threats from there.
Either way, a supply of sprites would be of great help.

Back
Top Bottom