NPCs & Enemies Wandering Eye in Expert Mode

IceGod

Terrarian
For those who are not familiar, the Wandering Eye enemy in Terraria acts as a miniature Eye of Cthulhu enemy. They appear in Hardmode at night time. While they attack like demon eyes, when they have half health, they break open a mouth like the Eye of Cthulhu.

When I started Expert Mode, I was actually kind of hoping that the Wandering Eye would be modified to act like the Eye of Cthulhu. In Expert Mode, the Eye of Cthulhu gains his powerful dash attacks so I personally think that the Wandering Eye should also gain something of that nature.

I looked up Wandering Eye in the Forums and apparently this enemy does not get the love and attention it deserves. It is a very cool idea to take a familiar concept to the player and show it again. It gives the player the feeling of power knowing that what was once bosses are now mere enemies.

That's an interesting idea, but wandering eyes aren't much more dangerous than the normal demon eyes, they might be significantly stronger, but they follow a similar moving pattern so they aren't a super big threat, I think.
if they would gain a dash attack at 1/3 HP or something, then I think they would turn a lot more annoying and dangerous, making me wonder wouldn't it be just safer not to attack them to begin with? because unlike EoC, they don't really drop anything else than normal demon eyes, so if they would just turn more dangerous if you attack them, it would be just wiser not to bother with them... if they would drop something more valuable though... then maybe it could work...

Back
Top Bottom