NPCs & Enemies Warlord: NPC that prevents invasions.

TheGuideIsEvil

Terrarian
He appears to be of East Asian descent, and his names imply he is of Chinese descent. He is seen having a warm skin tone, dark eyes, and a military general outfit that is colored green. He also has a military hat too.

The Warlord can be gotten..somehow..maybe in the Hardmode Ocean, being lost at sea, maybe? I don't know.

The Warlord has the ability to stop randomly spawning invasions, for a small fee, by pressing the "Diplomacy" button. His foreign influence can protect you from random bad guys storming your base. You can re-enable it, should you choose to do so, for free.

He defends himself and the town by spawning loyal workers of his to guard them. They use both bows and swords to defend your people. The Warlord himself will also use a nest of bees (barrel that rapidly fires arrows) to fend off evil beings. These abilities aren't too powerful, but they can offer good backup.

The Warlord is a friendly man who seems to feel bad for your people and all that they went through. He also seems to have contrition for being a warlord in the past (lore is lightly written but it's implied that the Warlord has did some bad things in the east). So he wants to save people in your world to make it right. He seems somewhat aware of the calamities that befell Terraria, and has sympathy for your people, and even the goblins.

The Warlord hates conflict, and believes it only begets more and more bloodshed. This is why he has the ability to push for diplomacy for various invasions.

The Warlord likes most NPC characters, and he doesn't seem to hate anyone. His quotes also suggest that he is a wise sagely advice spouter, despite being very flawed as a person given his implied past of egregious war crimes. Most other NPCs are neutral to him.

Names: General Shang, General Li, General Jiang, General Xian, General Bao, General Chin, General Yao, General Shu

The Warlord is a good NPC, given his abilities to disable invasions, and his attack of spawning guards to defend your people.

Quotes:

"I feel terrible for all that happened to your people. I'm willing to help you make it right."
"I've done some unforgivable actions in my land, but I want to spare you all the same fate."
"Like my guards? They're reliable."
"Never give up, friend."
"It's important to understand that the past cannot be changed. All you can do is keep moving forward with your sins."
"Want a proverb? I'm all out, sorry."
???

The Warlord sometimes smokes a pipe.

I am not sure if the Warlord should be a vendor.

Last edited:
I feel like this is an ability that should not be tied to an NPC. Also, if he hates conflict, why is he a warlord? Why does he spawn soldiers when he fights? Why does he fight at all?

I feel like this is an ability that should not be tied to an NPC. Also, if he hates conflict, why is he a warlord? Why does he spawn soldiers when he fights? Why does he fight at all?
He hates unneeded conflict, but wants to defend your people due to his past mistakes. It's kind of hypocritical, but I unintended that. I guess it could work as narrative irony.

The first point you make is understandable, though

Last edited:
He appears to be of East Asian descent, and his names imply he is of Chinese descent. He is seen having a warm skin tone, dark eyes, and a military general outfit that is colored green. He also has a military hat too.

The Warlord can be gotten..somehow..maybe in the Hardmode Ocean, being lost at sea, maybe? I don't know.

The Warlord has the ability to stop randomly spawning invasions, for a small fee, by pressing the "Diplomacy" button. His foreign influence can protect you from random bad guys storming your base. You can re-enable it, should you choose to do so, for free.

He defends himself and the town by spawning loyal workers of his to guard them. They use both bows and swords to defend your people. The Warlord himself will also use a nest of bees (barrel that rapidly fires arrows) to fend off evil beings. These abilities aren't too powerful, but they can offer good backup.

The Warlord is a friendly man who seems to feel bad for your people and all that they went through. He also seems to have contrition for being a warlord in the past (lore is lightly written but it's implied that the Warlord has did some bad things in the east). So he wants to save people in your world to make it right. He seems somewhat aware of the calamities that befell Terraria, and has sympathy for your people, and even the goblins.

The Warlord hates conflict, and believes it only begets more and more bloodshed. This is why he has the ability to push for diplomacy for various invasions.

The Warlord likes most NPC characters, and he doesn't seem to hate anyone. His quotes also suggest that he is a wise sagely advice spouter, despite being very flawed as a person given his implied past of egregious war crimes. Most other NPCs are neutral to him.

Names: General Shang, General Li, General Jiang, General Xian, General Bao, General Chin, General Yao, General Shu

The Warlord is a good NPC, given his abilities to disable invasions, and his attack of spawning guards to defend your people.

Quotes:

"I feel terrible for all that happened to your people. I'm willing to help you make it right."
"I've done some unforgivable actions in my land, but I want to spare you all the same fate."
"Like my guards? They're reliable."
"Never give up, friend."
"It's important to understand that the past cannot be changed. All you can do is keep moving forward with your sins."
"Want a proverb? I'm all out, sorry."
???

The Warlord sometimes smokes a pipe.

I am not sure if the Warlord should be a vendor.
Maybe when you press "diplomacy" no invasions will spawn for that day.
I also have some quotes for if you press diplomacy:
-I feel this world is purified now.
-Back in my town, the people didn't allow me. I now feel a sign of relief...
-No one shall do harm.
-I hope things don't come to haunt us.
Also I have a feeling he'll not like the Arms Dealer because of his atti- guns.

Maybe when you press "diplomacy" no invasions will spawn for that day.
I also have some quotes for if you press diplomacy:
-I feel this world is purified now.
-Back in my town, the people didn't allow me. I now feel a sign of relief...
-No one shall do harm.
-I hope things don't come to haunt us.
Also I have a feeling he'll not like the Arms Dealer because of his atti- guns.
Other quotes:
"I had to leave my wife and children. I would have brought them with me, but they wanted nothing to do with me. I understand why."
"I know you broke the seal between the spirits and our earth. Please don't let the world be destroyed.."
"I'm not really in the mood to talk."
"You should definitely visit other lands. So many people are out there...leave this hell while you can."
"I wish I could drink to forget things."

He is a very depressed man. He doesn't have romantic interest in anyone, feeling unworthy considering everything.

Back
Top Bottom