Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes, ether way is fine

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, I don't want them at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Master Geass

Terrarian
With the upcoming Wii U and 3DS versions of Terraria I though we could do with some more Nintendo items. They may just be fore the Nintendo versions but I would like it if they came to PC as well. This likely won't make it into the Xbox or Play Station versions even if we do get it.

The Warp Pipes and Pipe blocks. The Pipe blocks would ether be drops or crafted from bars. Their default color would be green. About 1/4 or so of the side would be invisible if not placed against another block, or at least another Pipe block. The Warp Pipe is crafted with Pipe blocks and a teleporter. Placed on top of 3 pipes it would look like the classic green pipes from the Super Mario games. While standing on top of it press down to activate it without need of a button. It will then sent you to another warp pipe or teleporter that it has been wired to.

I am up for debate on how large it should be. My first thought was just to make it a reskinned teleporter with a new sound. Making it 2 tall was another thought so that it would show the rim of the pipe at the top half. However after thinking about it for a while and with the ability to be used without switches I came up with the idea of making it 3x3. It could then be hammered to face different directions. The warp pipes are often sticking up but there are a number that are facing down or on their side. This way you could just walk into one and pop out another.

A big question would be how the wiring works. Assuming you had to wire only the top layer if it's 3x3 or if it's just a reskinned teleporter that would still give it up to 6 wires to pick from. Sure it could still use switches but when you press against it to warp it will need to know which wire to follow. It would ether pick a random appropriate wire to the other end or favor the left most wire over the right. If the later then that could make a system of one way teleporters so the player couldn't back track as they lead to different pipes.

What do you think? Do you like them?

Back
Top Bottom