Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Alright, Im sure this is a bug. When I teleport to the ocean using the pylon during the blood moon, both rain and oceanic water become casual for some reason.
Note, that this only happens after the pylon use and only in the ocean biome. When I teleport to, lets say, forest, rain becomes bloody, but when I teleport to the ocean, rain and water stop being bloody.
Weird. Please fix that.

1590911622596.png

The ocean is not affected by the blood water.
I think this is intended. It's on the edge of the world with a large mass of water after all.

The ocean is not affected by the blood water.
I think this is intended. It's on the edge of the world with a large mass of water after all.
So you are not right here. Ocean and rain were affected by the blood water, but if you teleport to the ocean using the pylon they stop being affected for some reason.

I think ppowersteef is correct in this explanation. I tried triggering a Blood Moon and the ocean water did not change colour.
This is the edge of the ocean, but it has the Forest background. The water is red:
Ocean - Forest BG.png
But when I move a few tiles closer to the edge of the world, the background changes to Ocean and the water turns blue:
Ocean - Ocean BG.png

Edit: I also tried a new world with no pylons and the ocean water remained blue during a Blood Moon.

I think ppowersteef is correct in this explanation. I tried triggering a Blood Moon and the ocean water did not change colour.
This is the edge of the ocean, but it has the Forest background. The water is red:
View attachment 275342
But when I move a few tiles closer to the edge of the world, the background changes to Ocean and the water turns blue:
View attachment 275343

Edit: I also tried a new world with no pylons and the ocean water remained blue during a Blood Moon.
But its a bug anyway - water should be bloody during the blood moon. Else it will make no sense. Why is it blue during the blood moon?
And I highly DOUBT that this was intended, so why "Working as designed", bruh?

View attachment 275342
View attachment 275343

Also, ocean water IS bloody in the JE's trailer, so that is definitly an issue that needs to be fixed. Delete that "Working as designed", please, that is an issue.

Back
Top Bottom