tModLoader Weapon Charging and Power Attacks

Y'now, with right mods and Power Attacks mod you can reach ~1200 damage. Brilliant work.
Actually, this mod really needs a charged attack trigger, because of the p i c k a x e s.
soz for ma grammar

There's config options to both disable power attacks with smart cursor enabled as well as all tools regardless.
If you have Mod Settings Configurator installed, you can configure them in game.

There's config options to both disable power attacks with smart cursor enabled as well as all tools regardless.
If you have Mod Settings Configurator installed, you can configure them in game.
Okay, thx, didn't know. But there's one thingy that will not let me nor anyone reading this sleep calmly.
With our favorite Thorium mod, you can reach even more ridiculous borders of damage. I will even tell you the exact number.
Behold.
3395 damage with a single hamma boi. That's ridiculous.
blizzard pls nerf
WHAT THE :red: ITS ALMOST NOT FUNNY.PNG

Well, the default maximum damage is by 2.25x the base damage while the default minimum is 0.75x
It's still 3x the minimum damage, no matter what it actually is.

I could look into a method that has less damage variation the higher the damage in case it's too unbalanced in late game.

It's a bit bizzare that items that have a "use" function require charge to be used. I also do not see the purpose of making summons require charging. I'd be really afraid if healers had to charge just to heal, but I can see that being just a stronger heal.

Is there a way to deactivate the ability to charge, say for instance I didn't want to dart around while pickaxing blocks and mellee charge attacks throwing me into hitboxes that will guarantee damage to me? lol

You can disable melee dashing and also power attacks for tools specifically in the config. If you use the Mod Settings Configurator mod, you can configure everything in game.

I may also make it so that having the damage taken to 0% (which is default, but Terraria limits to 1 damage) will actually grant you immunity to damage.

This is a very well made mod, and in practice it works very well. The only problems I run into would be with certain mods which add weapons, the weapons will not show up when being used and cannot be wielded or swung. It may be a compatibility issue but if not I hope this could get patched.

I'll need to know what mods you are using.
This mod will edit tooltips with regex and another mod that also edits them (even a weapon mod) may cause problems depending on how they edit tooltips.

Well, I know for certain that Some of the weapon mods I'm using are having that effect and potentially alot of them which I have installed.
A quick rundown of all the weapon adding mods I have installed thus far are:

Calamity
Thorium
Crystilium
DYW
Elements Awoken
GRealm
Joost
Kaliciphoz's RPG Mod(Modifies wep stats)
Pumpking's Mod
Spirit Mod
Tremor

Btw, Appreciate the support and commitment. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Does the Config Effect everyone on a server say i change something in the config will everyone receive those changes or only just me?

Everyone will receive the changes when the reload command is used or the server is restarted, aside from a few specific client side settings.

Hi, I'm trying to create something similar for my mod. I'm trying to create a weapon that makes you charge something (with right click) for a set time before it allows you to use it's primary attack (left click). Any ideas? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom