Weird brightness line thing across my screen. How to fix?

Shotgunrain

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
1710681689584.png

I already tried updating my drivers and playing in the settings. Any other fixes?

Does this occur only in the menu or also while playing? Does it change at all or remain static? Are you playing in fullscreen, does going into windowed fix it? Do you notice something like that in any other application or even on your desktop? If it occurs on the screen regardless of which program is in the foreground, does it go away if you wiggle the cable you use going to your display (if applicable)?

Does this occur only in the menu or also while playing? Does it change at all or remain static? Are you playing in fullscreen, does going into windowed fix it? Do you notice something like that in any other application or even on your desktop? If it occurs on the screen regardless of which program is in the foreground, does it go away if you wiggle the cable you use going to your display (if applicable)?
Also while playing. Static. I tried full screen and windowed both dont work. Just terraria. Yes it occurs regardless of whats open in my background.

If its exclusive to Terraria that is unlikely, i think its more likely that this is a corrupted xna framework install, unless the user experiences this in other directx based games, then it could also be related to the graphics hardware. That could be checked by playing switching to integrated graphics if available.

If its exclusive to Terraria that is unlikely, i think its more likely that this is a corrupted xna framework install, unless the user experiences this in other directx based games, then it could also be related to the graphics hardware. That could be checked by playing switching to integrated graphics if available.
What are your machine specifications? Your graphics card might be at issue. Try to get this information and post it here.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
16.0 GB 2933Mhz
RTX 2070 Max-Q

I have an acer preadator gaming laptop. Also since ive made this post the game randomly fixed itself once but when i closed the game and opened it the next day the glitch brightness glitch was back. I dont think its my graphics card since i updated to the latest version and its ONLY on terraria.

Try referring to your power settings, the laptop could be attempting to shift graphics capabilities between plugged-in or on-battery states.

If you haven't, try going into the NVidia control panel, under "Manage 3D Settings", and either through global settings or "Terraria.exe" under Program settings, do the following:
Power management mode > Prefer Maximum Performance
(This will ensure Terraria will utilise the full effect of the graphics card, but will drain the battery a little more; this might be able to correct the brightness issue.)
You could also go to the Windows power options (Control Panel > Power Options) and choose Performance instead of Balanced. Again, this may cause battery to drain more, so you might want to set the mode for being plugged in instead.

See if these work, and if things don't, be sure to revert the options.

For power usage consider however that Terraria uses very little graphics card capabilities beyond just drawing sprites on screen, the only special use I'm aware of are shaders for liquids, on screen effects and some dyes, which any level of graphics card laughs at.

It has nothing to do with if the card can do it (with the low requirements as is), but whether or not the power settings is causing a disruption in the overall brightness/gamma adjustment.

I just mentioned that because you warned about higher power usage, I don't think that would be the case [within Terraria]

Back
Top Bottom