Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
While taking some screenshots to help to the terraria wiki, I noticed that even if most of the lines and columns of pixels were 2 pixels wide as expected, some were 3 pixels wide, about every 15 pixels, making a distortion and wasting the room for about 35 blocks in screen (and making the life of wiki editors harder as they need to shorten theses lines and columns).
I play on a 1920x1080 screen, with Terraria being in 1920x1080, of course, and here are the entire screen and a corrected sapphire tree, with the grid below to show it isn't linked to the grid
unknown (3).png
Sapphire Tree.png

And I just noticed that the columns of 3 pixels weren't all for all the screen, my sapphire tree isn't good *sigh*

Oh and by the way, there is an unused file Terraria.ID.TreeTopID, which only contains Tree Top ID for the Ruby Tree

For anyone who also didn't get it: look at the last pixel column on the right of Amethyst tree trunk. It's three pixels wide.
@Gaelyte, are you sure it's not image compression? To me it certainly looks like, i actually see some non-aligned pixels there, even though nothing in tileset hints to such a possibility.

Edit: in fact i'm certain it's compression artifacts. Same pattern is identifiable on other UI elements, plus said elements are not as crispy clean as they should be. Assuming ofc, UI scaling is 100%.

Edit2: Although your image is 1920x1080, so there might be something going on in game itself. Can you deliver better image with more easily identifiable tiles?

Last edited:
I've been having a similar issue where the centre pixels would duplicate horizontally, but only in full-sceen. 1.4 changed some resolution things, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom