What do I need to add to my survival world?

JohnTheMage

Terrarian
Hello Terrarians!

I've been playing a survival world for about a week from now and I'm still pre-hardmode so yeah. Anyway, what should i add in my base?

Features-
Basic House
Infinite NPC Home
Hellavator
Tree farm

Picture

Attachments

• Capture 2015-10-11 20_40_06.png
    Capture 2015-10-11 20_40_06.png
    717.6 KB · Views: 320
If you really feel like it, to get the achievement for 200 fishing quests you can make biome fishing farms. @HappyDays made a really useful tutorial on this.
Make a tunnel underground from edge to edge of the world, alternatively make a minecart rail spanning the whole map. Saves a lot of time.
Make a huge boss arena with heart statues and stuff for the later boss fights.
Make an area with mud ready for a chlorophyte farm.
Make the dungeon more suitable to grind in (flat areas etc.)
Contain the corruption (5 block wide wall all around it) to stop the jungle being corrupted (I hate that too you know :p)
Make places for banners, statues and trophies, try to collect every one :p (You can see my banner thingy here that has all of the banners in the game :D)
As @Myth said, make more rooms for npcs, make a plant farm...
Also, try to make a surface glowing mushroom biome farm ready for the truffle; it's best to start farming glowing mushrooms early.
As an alternative to more rooms, if you have the time make separate themed houses for each npc e.g. a blacksmith for the merchant, a small hospital for the nurse (makes the whole thing more enjoyable, also gives you something to brag about on the forums ;)

That's a long wall of text I know 'o_O If you get these things done you will be happy :nursewink:

If you really feel like it, to get the achievement for 200 fishing quests you can make biome fishing farms. @HappyDays made a really useful tutorial on this.
Make a tunnel underground from edge to edge of the world, alternatively make a minecart rail spanning the whole map. Saves a lot of time.
Make a huge boss arena with heart statues and stuff for the later boss fights.
Make an area with mud ready for a chlorophyte farm.
Make the dungeon more suitable to grind in (flat areas etc.)
Contain the corruption (5 block wide wall all around it) to stop the jungle being corrupted (I hate that too you know :p)
Make places for banners, statues and trophies, try to collect every one :p (You can see my banner thingy here that has all of the banners in the game :D)
As @Myth said, make more rooms for npcs, make a plant farm...
Also, try to make a surface glowing mushroom biome farm ready for the truffle; it's best to start farming glowing mushrooms early.
As an alternative to more rooms, if you have the time make separate themed houses for each npc e.g. a blacksmith for the merchant, a small hospital for the nurse (makes the whole thing more enjoyable, also gives you something to brag about on the forums ;)

That's a long wall of text I know 'o_O If you get these things done you will be happy :nursewink:

Thanks a lot for all that info! Im gonna do all of them but slowly

Just build. So far, me and my friends on a server, (@Shaedric, @IDon'tKnowAName, and @Bullseye55) have built cool homes for NPCs. Teleporters looking like Mario pipes, contained corruption, Crimson, and hallow, a giant boss arena, and a large storage area. Most was built by Shaedric, but me and IDKAN built some stuff too.

So just build whatever you come up with. Try to use any materials you find. Different wood, Crystal blocks, tin and copper playing, just challenge yourself to build something using specific blocks. And then, build homes that the NPCs would most likely live in, like the dryad in a tree.

Just build. So far, me and my friends on a server, (@Shaedric, @IDon'tKnowAName, and @Bullseye55) have built cool homes for NPCs. Teleporters looking like Mario pipes, contained corruption, Crimson, and hallow, a giant boss arena, and a large storage area. Most was built by Shaedric, but me and IDKAN built some stuff too.

So just build whatever you come up with. Try to use any materials you find. Different wood, Crystal blocks, tin and copper playing, just challenge yourself to build something using specific blocks. And then, build homes that the NPCs would most likely live in, like the dryad in a tree.

Wow sounds pretty sweet! Can i join your server?

Back
Top Bottom