What do you like about Terraria?

Random Fellow

Skeletron
I recently did a post on ranking all of the bosses in Terraria with a lot of experience on each boss. I recently beat Terraria and tested out the multiplayer. And this made me think about something; what is my favorite aspect in Terraria? Why do I keep coming back to this game? Why do I want to make new worlds? Why did this game intrigue me in the first half hour? I would like to hear what people think about Terraria, more specifically ypur favorite aspect. Write a short description for it aswell. I think my favorite part is how fun and different Terraria is.

Each ore, part of the game, each weapon set and each weapon and tool on their own, each boss all of these are different and some are more expanded than others. Meteorite is one that you might not immediately get because of the weird chances. But it is less about Meteorite itself and more on how that could be added onto something else. Most ores at that time have their own unqiue weapon and tools with different bonuses each one is found and aquired differently. But meteorite is more underlying, going with the other types of smaller items like stars and gems.

So what is your favorite aspect?

I think the magic of this game is that there are a bunch of different aspects to the game that go really well together. So I can't really say that I like x more than y; it's the complete mix of things that makes this game so good and long lasting for me. The four supporting pillars being the game's continuous crazy combat, item hoarding, base building, and exploration. Take one out and the game collapses.

There are other games out there that have tried the same formula but failed miserably due to leaving out one of Terraria's main attractions.
If Re-Logic ever gets around to making a sequel, I hope they'll be wise not to remove things from the mix, but only add to it.

I think the magic of this game is that there are a bunch of different aspects to the game that go really well together. So I can't really say that I like x more than y; it's the complete mix of things that makes this game so good and long lasting for me. The four supporting pillars being the game's continuous crazy combat, item hoarding, base building, and exploration. Take one out and the game collapses.

There are other games out there that have tried the same formula but failed miserably due to leaving out one of Terraria's main attractions.
If Re-Logic ever gets around to making a sequel, I hope they'll be wise not to remove things from the mix, but only add to it.
An example I tjink of at the top of my head is Yoshis Island even though a very different game it also shows how having smaller elements can really work out in the end. The smaller rules that play throughout the gameplay in both of these games are examples of how to make a game right.

The soundtrack is cool and finding combinations of armor/weapon/accessory sets was always a blast. Plus finding items to benefit my friends always felt p good when we all played different classes for different playstyles.

I like the journey to end game. new / old items different builds
challenging urself dying to 100s of boulders each playthrough. good times

I like Terraria, because someone suggested me and try to play Terraria. Since I know (not much) a lot of Terraria stuff, I like being mage, because it is very cool and can cause damage much bigger even with the buff.

And of course, Terraria soundtrack is good and epic!

Back
Top Bottom