What do you think about this new game called "Hatred"?

What do you think?

• Like it

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Dislike it

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
It's absurd. (warning: trailer proobably not for everyone)
It's definitely one of the most edgiest games that's coming out lately. It reminds me of the first postal game, which was really messed up. The difference being with Hatred is that for me it tries so ridiculously hard to be dark and edgy that it just comes off as cheesy to me.

The creators have stated that there's been a lot of politically correct and colorful games, and wanted to make a game that was violent and dark. Now then a lot of people are offended for reasons clearly understandable, and talking about how it should be banned or censored. Personally I don't care much for it but I'm enjoying the uprage it's brought. I probably won't play it. What about you?

Edgyness for its own sake is not edgy any more. It is over done and played out. Exibit one, of course the main character is doing the nolan batman voice, IT'S EDGY!!

Other than that, it looks like the free roam parts of any other open world game, GTA, Assassin's Creed, etc, but with the actual game missing. I'll pass, I prefer games that aren't being such tryhards.

Edgyness for its own sake is not edgy any more. It is over done and played out. Exibit one, of course the main character is doing the nolan batman voice, IT'S EDGY!!

Other than that, it looks like the free roam parts of any other open world game, GTA, Assassin's Creed, etc, but with the actual game missing. I'll pass, I prefer games that aren't being such tryhards.
I agree with those points. But isn't the game a WIP game?

Sorry but this sounds like Hostel: The Game. Gory, edgy, and dark for the sake of being gory, edgy and dark. Those elements should be a tool, not a goal, no matter what media you're working on.

0/10. I would rather play Goat Simulator or Tree Simulator.

Sorry but this sounds like Hostel: The Game. Gory, edgy, and dark for the sake of being gory, edgy and dark. Those elements should be a tool, not a goal, no matter what media you're working on.

0/10. I would rather play Goat Simulator or Tree Simulator.
OR ROCK SIMULATOR![DOUBLEPOST=1413586958][/DOUBLEPOST]This game has a confusing story, gruesome graphics, but better yet challenging puzzles!

6/10 I wouldn't really recommend it to everyone, but it is a mind bender

I like the isometric perspective that (maybe) zooms down for the finishing kills and important scenes. The gore, I'll take it or leave it, it's not so important, it needs to fit the setting, and if the setting is really interesting (doubt it) then I would be keen.

I like it...
Now every time I see a whiny emo kid i'll start quoting this game at him in Nolan's voice!
Hey emo kid what's your name? Oh wait! (CUE NOLAN) 'Your name is not important. What is important is your seething hatred for this world'

lolz i'll be pickin on emo kids all day long with this games awesome source material.

I already have Postal 2. Seriously, that game already does what this one did, except Postal 2 is not overly edgy and is in so many ways hilarious and ridiculous. The things that can and will happen in that game from Monday to the end of Apocalypse Weekend are a hell of a refuge in audacity.

I already have Postal 2. Seriously, that game already does what this one did, except Postal 2 is not overly edgy and is in so many ways hilarious and ridiculous. The things that can and will happen in that game from Monday to the end of Apocalypse Weekend are a hell of a refuge in audacity.
That's postal 2.
Postal 1 through..

when you see a pile of :red:, generally you will be mindful of its general location, to try and avoid it, not get dirty

what I see is a game designed to stir up :red:.

I think you can see where I am going with this.

as for the gameplay... it looks pretty....meh.
the brutality honestly seems no more brutal than Bioshock.

final verdict: the game looks mediocre at best, and people will flame over the violence.
so I will avoid it like a pile of :red:.

I like it, both for it's likely value as a stress reliever and for its not-so-passive aggression towards those whose low opinions of individual human free will empowers them to claim that violent video games preclude violent behavior IRL.

The video is private! Aww... No matter, I've already seen videos of this game and I hugely dislike it.

To be honest, my moral compass is very confused about this one.

On one hand the game is a horrible slaughterfest of innocent people. I find the whole game absolutely tasteless.
They beg for their lives while you stab them. It looks quite... real to me. It brings memories of news bulletins about crazy people killing people like you and me on the street. It doesn't help that years ago I found out an ex-colleague of mine literally slaughtered two old people. It made me realize that you never know what kind of lunatic you're dealing with and that you yourself could be a victim.

On the other hand, it's still a game. There are no people being killed, they're textures, nodes, meshes and scripts. Pieces of data. Nothing more. And I had no problems doing an evil playthrough in Fallout 3. Although admittedly, killing an innocent person in that game simply isn't the same. The Fallout games don't take themselves that seriously in my opinion (deaths in Fallout 1, 2, 3 and NV are rather comical), while it feels to me that Hatred does.

I'll never play the game, that's a certainty. But I dunno how I would look at someone who does play the game. Does he also realize he's destroying pieces of data, or is he having a hunger from deep inside, a wanting to be terror itself, terrifying innocent people and hear them scream while he brutally murders them?

More data needed for processing. Please insert disk.

Back
Top Bottom