PC What is the overall, best weapon for ranged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the situation. :)
The Tactical Shotgun solves most situations for me though, so I'll go with that one.

Tsunami, in terms of DPS.

What you have to remember is you need to explain what the 'best' is, because there are a lot of different factors that apply. Here's a list of what makes a weapon good:
- Damage (duh)
- Fire rate
- Alpha Damage (strongly links with velocity)
- Velocity (easier to hit)
- Projectile Drop
- Penetration

The Tsunami lacks in alpha damage (in comparison to a Tactical Shotgun/Sniper Rifle), velocity and suffers from projectile drop a lot. And since it does not fire automatically on top of that, players can find it much harder to use in comparison to the Megashark or S.D.M.G for example.

I most of the times go with the Snowman Cannon + Shroomite Gear with Rocket dmg helmet + accessories with menacing and rocket III

Bow: Pulse Bow
Pretty useful, hard to get but worth it

Gun: Tactical Shotgun
You're basically impossible to beat with this, especially with Chlorophyte/Venom Bullets

Rocket Launcher: Grenade Launcher
Because why not?

velocity and suffers from projectile drop a lot.
*cough*venom arrows*cough*
Bow: tsunami or pulse bow, based if its a long boss or short one enemy battle.
gun: chain gun.
explosive: stynger. i usually dont get the snowman cannon.

Coin Gun. But it's situational.
If you have access to a steady supply of Platinum Coins, the proper damage setup, and you can aim, the Coin Gun can easily be your most powerful weapon for eliminating single targets.

Tsunami with holy arrows is both terifingly strong on groups of enemies and single targets so I don't see why you would choose otherwise.

yea but they dont have that much of a drop. wooden drop earlier since they dont have high velocity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom