What is your favorite enemy out of all the games you've played?

I really like battles where you fight yourself or someone like yourself but more powerful, such as Red in Pokemon GSCHGSS, Dark Samus in the Metroid Prime series, or the final boss in Mega Man Zero 3 (which I won't spoil because it's a great twist and a fantastic game overall). They have to have some kind of story significance, though, rather than just being thrown in because the devs needed a boss and were running out of time, which is why I don't like for instance Shadow Link from Ocarina of Time. I'm also fond of the small, yet quick and powerful type of boss in non-turn-based games, which is another reason I like the aforementioned boss from MMZ3, and also why the Lunatic Cultist is my favorite boss in Terraria. Those kinds of bosses are just so much fun to fight.

As for my favorite non-boss enemy... I don't know, maybe Metroids? Not because they're fun to fight or anything (with a very few exceptions), but because they just have really cool designs and lore. It's a bit hard for me to choose an enemy that isn't a boss because non-boss enemies in most games tend to be just fodder.

Back
Top Bottom