What would happen if the minecraft "seed" system was added in this game

Thoughts on seeds?

• Yes I will finally have a general idea on what I am crashing into whenever I load the world

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • There should be a bit more world customization but it is a terrible idea to stretch it into seeds

• No the world customization should stay with "Small, Medium and large"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Asteroidal_Assassin

Skeletron Prime
In minecraft there is a "seed" system every world has a line of text that can generate them. It is common on the internet for people to share these seeds; minecraft players might find seeds for certain treasures, generated structures, land formations and or biomes. I am just wondering what is a terraria players thoughts on seeds and wether or not people think its a good idea to be added. Personally I think there should be a bit more world customization but the seed system may be taking the mystery out of the game.

I like seeds even though I do not use them. Let's say I say I found some insane world gen but other people think it's hacked, all I have to do is share my world settings and seed and they can see it for themselves!

In minecraft there is a "seed" system every world has a line of text that can generate them. It is common on the internet for people to share these seeds; minecraft players might find seeds for certain treasures, generated structures, land formations and or biomes. I am just wondering what is a terraria players thoughts on seeds and wether or not people think its a good idea to be added. Personally I think there should be a bit more world customization but the seed system may be taking the mystery out of the game.

Why do you have seed in quotation marks? Minecraft came up with neither the term nor the concept behind it.

Also, Terraria already uses seeds to generate worlds, you just don't get to input them yourself. To allow increased world customization you would want something like sliders/values to determine size and number of various things/biomes/etc during world generation.

You would have Terraria 1.3.4, and enabled the seed thing in config files. It was something added as an experimental thing to use. Granted the notion is already there, and from the looks of it is possibly going to happen in the future.

I have not used it yet, but it is there already. At least the first iteration of it. :dryadsmile:

Mentioned in the features of that version http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-4-is-live.51316/

Back
Top Bottom