What's Your Favorite Potion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebeatbat1139

Skeletron Prime
Recently we've got quite a few potions. They help with building, fighting, fishing, mining...
They really make our lives easier sometimes, huh? So what I'd your favorite of them all?
For me the spelunker is an obvious, but I love crate potions- today I got a full set of adamantite armour completely from 5 potions.
Which do you like?

Spelunker potion.

The power of seeing every gem and ore withing your screen is the very description of "awesome". :dryadsmile:

Spelunker potion.

The power of seeing every gem and ore withing your screen is the very description of "awesome". :dryadsmile:
Oh man, if this was the most useful potion, spelunker would win hands down. You literally can't progress without it. I mean, you can dig randomly for ores you want...
Also early on, chests are nice to be able to spot.

Reactions: Qw2
My top 5 favorites are (in this order) from least to greatest are:

Ammo reservation potion
Sonar potion
Mining potion
Gravitation potion
and, as everyone thus far can agree, the best is the Spelunker potion for many reasons and uses

I'm surprised though that Flask effects aren't mentioned here (unless by potions that means we're INCLUDING flasks)
My two favorites then would have to be the flask of Gold and the flask of Ichor. (they work great with the Scourge of the Corrupter, and provide a fantastic light source too! XD )

My top 5 favorites are (in this order) from least to greatest are:

Ammo reservation potion
Sonar potion
Mining potion
Gravitation potion
and, as everyone thus far can agree, the best is the Spelunker potion for many reasons and uses

I'm surprised though that Flask effects aren't mentioned here (unless by potions that means we're INCLUDING flasks)
My two favorites then would have to be the flask of Gold and the flask of Ichor. (they work great with the Scourge of the Corrupter, and provide a fantastic light source too! XD )
Nice ones.
Flasks are included, really any consumable one use item, even stuff like foods.

I just realized, I had completely forgotten the Teleportation potion! Now there's a handy thing for when you just feel like warping to unexplored areas of the map. Too bad it's a royal pain gathering enough chaos fish to make a sufficent supply of them. : /

Teleportation, its so wacky! And if you spawn next to a chest or in a hard to get place your basically set!

Nobody mentions healing potions?

REALLY?

Those things are priceless.

Eh, I don't really use healing potions all that often unless I'm in a SERIOUS bind. Either I out maneuver whatever's attacking me and tank what's left with the beetle armor (or alternatively I kill it before it ends me through sheer force of damage output), or I soak up hp with a combination of Spectre armor (hood) and the use of a multi-hitting magic weapon like the nimbus rod+Magnet sphere/Bubble gun. Endgame I rarely have to so much as look at a HP potion, though I'm sure that'll change once again when 1.3 comes out.

Eh, I don't really use healing potions all that often unless I'm in a SERIOUS bind. Either I out maneuver whatever's attacking me and tank what's left with the beetle armor (or alternatively I kill it before it ends me through sheer force of damage output), or I soak up hp with a combination of Spectre armor (hood) and the use of a multi-hitting magic weapon like the nimbus rod+Magnet sphere/Bubble gun. Endgame I rarely have to so much as look at a HP potion, though I'm sure that'll change once again when 1.3 comes out.
All throughout the game, however...
When you aren't end-game...
They are really useful.
Also, when you happen to run into a spot of bother with some difficulties with your dodging, a greater heal potion will fix that up, quick.

All throughout the game, however...
When you aren't end-game...
They are really useful.
Also, when you happen to run into a spot of bother with some difficulties with your dodging, a greater heal potion will fix that up, quick.

Eh, to each their own, but I've never really had the heal problem since they added heart lanterns and campfires... and honey. When I play my cards right and prepare with the use of other potions like ironskin and regen, health potions have little meaning to me, both pre-hardmode and post hardmode activation.

Favourite is Dangersense, half my deaths were from traps Pre-Hardmode before that. (It still beats Titan/Endurance Potions, who come in a close second).

Teleportation, its so wacky! And if you spawn next to a chest or in a hard to get place your basically set!
I wonder if you could teleport into the jungle temple...
I think it would be funny if it teleported you n the dungeon, then you got killed by the dg.
Eh, to each their own, but I've never really had the heal problem since they added heart lanterns and campfires... and honey. When I play my cards right and prepare with the use of other potions like ironskin and regen, health potions have little meaning to me, both pre-hardmode and post hardmode activation.
I actually think health potions are very useful. Who hasn't used one at least once? Early on, they're literally lifesavers.
Favourite is Dangersense, half my deaths were from traps Pre-Hardmode before that. (It still beats Titan/Endurance Potions, who come in a close second).
I like dangersense for finding spider nests. It works.

Yes, I believe it can teleport into jungle temples (Good luck with that), and I guess Spider Nests are easy to find aswell. EDIT: Forgot the quote, was quoting to thebeatbat.

I am a console user so there are not has many potion as pc. my favourite potion is spelunker and healing in early to middle game

Flipper Potion, because I didn't know it existed until I looked at the wiki page for potions just a few minutes ago.

*post is followed by dozens of people saying "Wait, there's a Flipper Potion?"*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom