Pixel Art When Chrome has nothing better to do...

Corruption or Crimson? Which biome should get their mobs re-done first?

• Total voters

Finished! I re-did all of them and placed them in a ZIP file as well for you to use with the TCCL or any other texture replacement program if you want to.

Here's a visual of each mob's sheet
frost_legion_re_sprite_by_chrome_sprites-d8p4t3t.png

Welp, 4 out of 5 people seem to favor the Corruption. Time to get my assets together and begin thinking of what I can do..... Right after I make another random pixel art.

overworld

Can you make some tools and swords in a metal shade? I'm working on a mod which adds metal and some nice looking tools and swords would be awesome.

overworld

Can you make some tools and swords in a metal shade? I'm working on a mod which adds metal and some nice looking tools and swords would be awesome.

But aren't most tools and weapons in-game made of metal already? XD

Do you mean for me to make a set of tools and weapons that are more mechanical/futuristic? Or just with a more 'true' metallic sheen and look to them? Because I can do either or.

But aren't most tools and weapons in-game made of metal already? XD

Do you mean for me to make a set of tools and weapons that are more mechanical/futuristic? Or just with a more 'true' metallic sheen and look to them? Because I can do either or.
The ore has had an name change. Anyways, i just want that metallic look. (The ore is light gray)

The ore has had an name change. Anyways, i just want that metallic look. (The ore is light gray)

Alright! I'll see what I can do, as I will not have access to my usual computer. This means I have to re-install my preffered program and load Terraria's standard assets onto my laptop for reference. Otherwise, however, I believe I can get started sometime later today.

So, about your poll... I think you should do Crimson enemies, because right now I myself am midway through making the corruption enemies look better :p

So, for the sake of avoiding redundancy, that's what I think. But you do you :happy: and do what makes you happy :)

So, about your poll... I think you should do Crimson enemies, because right now I myself am midway through making the corruption enemies look better :p

So, for the sake of avoiding redundancy, that's what I think. But you do you :happy: and do what makes you happy :)

The poll has majority voting Corruption, and its always good to have variation in styles because people have different tastes.

Besides, what's this about "Redundancy"? It's not like we're in a competition for who will be first in making a texture resource or whatnot. : )

Last edited:
The poll has majority voting Corruption, and its always good to have variation in styles because people have different tastes.

Besides, what's this about "Redundancy"? It's not like we're in a competition for who will be first in making a texture resource or whatnot. : )
I was just voicing my thoughts :p And I suppose, if it was ever to actually happen, I should say something...

I've been working on a texture pack with @SzGamer227 (not so much in the past little bit) but through my browsing of the forums, I've noticed several other texture packs, or posts, like this one, that have improved vanilla sprites. And, the texture pack we are making is essentially just that; improved vanilla sprites. So, I got to thinking, why make my own, if other people have already done a better job on their own sprites? So, my idea was to make a sort of "compilation," if you will, of all the vanilla improvements that people have made across the forums, that all filter into one bigger project. Everyone would get credit, and everyone would be able to participate.

Those are just some of my thoughts :p take them how you will :happy:

I was just voicing my thoughts :p And I suppose, if it was ever to actually happen, I should say something...

I've been working on a texture pack with @SzGamer227 (not so much in the past little bit) but through my browsing of the forums, I've noticed several other texture packs, or posts, like this one, that have improved vanilla sprites. And, the texture pack we are making is essentially just that; improved vanilla sprites. So, I got to thinking, why make my own, if other people have already done a better job on their own sprites? So, my idea was to make a sort of "compilation," if you will, of all the vanilla improvements that people have made across the forums, that all filter into one bigger project. Everyone would get credit, and everyone would be able to participate.

Those are just some of my thoughts :p take them how you will :happy:
The thing about doing a compilation is that someone might not like everything that goes into it... getting everyone to agree on what is actually "better" is an impossible feat, and the more different styles that go into a single product, the more disagreement there will be. Since TCCL allows texture packs to be downloaded and handled separately, it would be better keep them all separate. Plus, there would be extra work involved, which is also an issue.

I don't see anything wrong with a single thread (or social forum maybe?) that has directories (or threads) of vanilla sprite improvements, though.... and it might actually turn out to be a good idea. The one bigger project doesn't have to be a single texture pack, now does it? :p

Hey man, this might be dead,but in case you're reading this, the slimes look a bit like the ones from planet centauri. A lot better, but they do resemble them.

Back
Top Bottom