PC When I load Terraria the game freezes until i scroll off the screen

Super_Boros_Bro

Terrarian
I got Terraria during the last Christmas steam sale. I played it for a little while, but haven't really played it since i got it. A little while ago i loaded up Terraria, but the funniest thing happened after the game loaded i went to go click play but the second i hit play the game froze on the spot, and would only load when i brought the mouse off the screen. It only stops responding anytime i click on the game, so i have been stuck on the main menu now for quite a while. I have tried everything i can uninstalling then installing, and of course browsing forums. If anyone can help me out it would be gratefully appreciated.

Could you enable logging for me? Follow the guide below then trigger the freeze/crash. Then fetch the log.

0eiPNMV.png

I think i got the crash log do you know what this means

4/10/2019 7:40:12 PM
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'WindowsGameForm'.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.get_Handle()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

I know what this means yes, but the solutions vary from user to user.

Do you play in Fullscreen, Windowed, or Borderless Window? Do any of the other settings prevent the crash?

Ill try some of the other ways out. Sorry it takes so long to respond I'm not able to check my PC often. Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom