PC When one problem gets fixed, another rises. (read for details) Hehehe :)

Twsted

Terrarian
Ok,
So earlier today RED 4 was so kind to alleviate me from a small 3 day nightmare of a problem. Which i am extremely grateful for.
That problem was happily solved.
Then a new problem happened, (nothing to do with the first problem) keep reading :D
Later today after working a short shift at work and bouncing home ( yaay \o/ ) .
I came home and started playing Terraria. Well something seemed very odd, but I kept playing anyways.
As I am mining underground, I see some mobs I have never seen before. Some purple ball with wings coming at me at full speed.
face is in shock after I got hit once and I went from 100% health to 1% health in an instant. clinching my butt cheeks I ran for my life throughout the caves.
This pink ball with wings chasing after me like I killed its child or something. Im screaming like a little girl while im running, but it was not fast enough.
I die, and spawn home.
After I respawn, first words was (wtf was that? :eek: )
ok, so I gather my thoughts and told myself, ill go some where else and keep mining, and didnt give that devilish thing a second thought.
So I go through another cave no where near that thing. And 10 minutes in a see another different mob, called ("Flow Invader") with 1500 health.
In the moment of confusion, I look at my health and the overall game and tell myself, "I just started playing, wth is this and wth are these things?"
With weapons that maxes out with 9 damage, im only hitting these mobs i have never seen with only 1-dps.
Here comes another panic attack, running for my life..... but not fast enough I get one shotted and die yet again.
I spawn home, but to my surprise as I spawn here is that Flow Invader but right next to my spawn house. - I crap my pants and try to think of something.
After spending around 30 minutes trying to kill this thing, im wondering....... how can I play this game if these seriously over powerful mobs are folling me and instantly killing me.
Within 5 minutes I have died over 20 times.
Here is the picture. ---->> [ Imgur ] and this is my complete current mods list within the game im using --> click to read full list: [ [ "HamstarHelpers", "ElementsAwoken", "AlchemistNPC", "AmmoboxPlus", - Pastebin.com ]
Why are these spawning? - I was informed that they are suppose to only spawn in Pre-Hardmode and not on the level I am currently at.
ooh btw - they also spawn when cracking open a Lucky Block as well.

Just thought I would share my short story of whats happening. btw I am playing on normal level (NOT) hardcore or hard-mode).
Maybe someone here can help me solve this, this way I can deal with them at a proper level when the time comes. but right now this is killing my gameplay.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Donno what that first enemy was, but that 2nd enemy normally spawns during the celestial pillars (AKA the event before the final boss)
So why it's spawning at literally a the start of the game is both an enigma and, pretty funny.

You'd have to sort through your mods to try and figure it out.

Don't know what this "StopDying" mod is, but it sounds suspicious.
Also I just wanna say I love the way you wrote this thread, the personality you put into it <3

Hehehe, you should have seen the expression on my face when it happened. my sister was laughing her head off while it happened.
The StopDying if I recall correctly is to prevent the NPCs from dying.
I kept on having mobs killing the NPCs and a few times inside my own house, so I got this to stop it.

Ill hunt around for a picture of that green ball with wings and post it when i find it. :)
I hope to find a fix to this, because its hard to play when things like this happen.
And thanks for the compliment hehehe :D

The name is called "Illuminate Slimer" 200 health and kills me in 2 hits. as shown in this ingame picture.
Image ---->>> [ Imgur ] and Final blow (dead) here ---->>> [ Imgur ]
another example of it here --->> File:IlluminatedSlimer.png
And the weird thing is I am not playing in hardmode, Im playing in normal mode.
So im a bit baffled. :/

Last edited:
200 HP seems a bit fair for pre-hardmode
But that damage (esp not on expert) doesn't
That seems more like like the fault of that mod's dev then anything
Still no real idea why Flow Invaders are spawning thou

Thats exactly what I am thinking. Remember, I am not in Pre-Hardmode yet as I just started a brand new gameplay.
And I don't know what mod is causing it. 200-hp on a mob is ridiculously hard right now.

Now I am getting Hallow Slimer - after I took out the (beyond-the-forgotten-ages-mod).
and reported the problem with them on their forum post.
I guess I am forced to spend another entire night going through each and every mod to find out who is doing this.
I dont know whats going on with my game, but its getting a bit frustrating.
here is the Hallow Slimer screenshot that is instantly killing me now with one shot. Mind you I am not at a high level and Just started playing a new world map.
---->> Imgur

I've played with beyond-the-forgotten-ages and never had problems like this, that mod likely isn't at fault for what's going on with you.
Uh, try removing Exodus?

I've played with beyond-the-forgotten-ages and never had problems like this, that mod likely isn't at fault for what's going on with you.
Uh, try removing Exodus?
Uh, try removing Exodus?

I found out the problem after around 2 hours with a bunch of people in Discord in the Awoken mod channel..
they are extremely friendly there, and they helped out.
It is the (Spirit Mod). a bunch of people chimed in after I gave my list of mods I was using and they must have opened a world
with the mods im using, but we went in depth to finding out what it was. finally it came down to (The Spirit Mod).
I will be leaving a post on their section of the forums and hope they get to fix it, thats if its not abandoned :p

UPDATE *
Just found out, that this mod was abandoned and they will not be working on it any longer.
They left the mod in a OpenSource State on Github. Here is the message from the owner of the mod themselves.
---->>> tModLoader - The Spirit Mod!

i didn't even know the spirit mod was "finished" i should probably remove it from my mod list i was not even dealing with these issues? all though the pass bit i have not even been playing the game
[doublepost=1561293113,1561293044][/doublepost]i have 160 mods in my mod list spent weeks picking out the good mods i got a good mod list if anyone ever needs it :)
[doublepost=1561293135][/doublepost]just so many mods might get confusing i know i double post a lot :D

Back
Top Bottom