Game Mechanics When will it be day/night?

Would this be a cool idea to know what time of day is it and how ong of day or night is left?

• Yes, That would be cool.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No, Completely stupid.

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

CommonZebra

Official Terrarian
I think a cool game mechanic that would be super helpful is knowing how much time is left of the day/night so you can know how much time you have to be able to fight a boss or a Frost Moon or Pumpkin Moon because I know myself I always seem to spawn a boss too late and its gone before I'm able to kill it.Tell me if you guys also have the same problem.

First of all, there is the place of the moon in the sky, and second there are clocks, and I believe there is an accessory (I know thats 3)
I know but im saying at the beginning of the game I want to know exactly how much time is left with out having to get a clock have it being shown by the hud would be a lot more convenient.

I know but im saying at the beginning of the game I want to know exactly how much time is left with out having to get a clock have it being shown by the hud would be a lot more convenient.
As all three of us have already said, look at the position of the moon or sun

Copper_Watch.png
Silver_Watch.png
Gold_Watch.png
Grandfather_Clock-tiles.png

These all tell you the time. The idea of having something in the hud do it without having these defeats the purpose of even making these in the first place

One must-have for my arena is a couple clay pots, a dayglow seed, and a moonglow seed. Once they mature, I have a quick visual indicator of when night starts and ends without seeing the position of the sun or moon (which can sometimes be blocked), using an accessory slot for a timepiece or GPS, or interacting with a clock. I can pretty reliably start a Pumpkin Moon or Frost Moon at almost exactly 7:30. Night is always 9 real-time minutes, so it's not too hard to keep a rough track of to gauge how much time I have to work with.

One must-have for my arena is a couple clay pots, a dayglow seed, and a moonglow seed. Once they mature, I have a quick visual indicator of when night starts and ends without seeing the position of the sun or moon (which can sometimes be blocked), using an accessory slot for a timepiece or GPS, or interacting with a clock. I can pretty reliably start a Pumpkin Moon or Frost Moon at almost exactly 7:30. Night is always 9 real-time minutes, so it's not too hard to keep a rough track of to gauge how much time I have to work with.
Or you could, you know, listen to the music.

Or you could, you know, listen to the music.

Sometimes that works, but not in all cases. It doesn't work if it's raining, other conditions where there's no day/night transition in the music track, music is muted, or there's an active music box overriding the local music.

You have assesories and clocks that tell you the specific time. Or even looking at the sun and for example, it's in the middle of the sky. You'd guess that it's roughly midday. Music even tells us what shift of day it is.

Back
Top Bottom