PC Where does Terraria decide on the Hardmode v stripe spawn?

Frejoh466

Terrarian
So I got a bug in my world that makes the crimson only spawn to the right, and the hallow to spawn on the left in my world, this is after killing WoF 50 times. This seems like a world problem, as this only occur on my main world, so I assume it's in the .wld file.

My question is. Does anyone know if you can force where the hallow/crimson spawns? My world obvious has that, but can't find where to change that parameter. Or if there is a tool that can spawn it for you.

To the best of my knowledge, the side it's spawned on and the angle of it is completely random. There is no way to force it to spawn on a particular side. Having said that, I vaguely recall someone else reporting the same thing as you.

TerraCustom can trigger the V stripe, but that's only for world generation. A world editor can put the world into hardmode but that won't spawn the stripes.

Lacking that, you might have to keep trying - I'm sure eventually they'll swap sides. :)

100 times and still no change, something, somewhere, there must be a hardcoded value for that specific world that predefined what side it spawn on. Maybe because I removed the crimson on the right, and it's not random, just takes some variabels when trying to calculate the spawn.

Last edited:
There is no hardcoded value and it is not saved. It is not predefined either. There might be something else that influences how it spawns, but I don't think this is the case.
If you're playing without mods, I suggest reporting this in the PC Bug Reports forum. One of the QAs, mods or devs will be able to confirm if there is a bug or not. :)

I'am using mods.

But I have removed all mods, and tried to no avail. So don't know if I can post there as I have had mods installed.

I started looking for similar cases of the V spawning on the same side after multiple re-loads and came across this thread. I've only killed the WOF 6 times and ended up with Crimson on junlge side each time. 6 times compared to your 100 makes me feel like i haven't tried enough to really compare situations, but 1 thing i was thinking maybe had some influence to which biome spawns on which side was ur town NPCs..

I have my base and town NPCs in the snow biome on the dungeon half (right half of world), and have been killing the WOF on left most side of the underworld. Each time, hallow spawns right through my base, and was thinking maybe it's choosing hallow there since the crimson would immediately make my npcs leave. Do you have anything similar with ur town npcs?

Im going to kill the WOF some more and will report back if i end up getting it to change sides.

EDIT: i know this thread was created a few months ago, and im sure you've moved on from this topic, but im also curious to know if you ever got any different results, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom