Which "Boss 1" bosses should get a new theme?

Which 4 of these 5 should get a new theme? (choose 4)

• King Slime

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Eye of Cthulhu

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Eater of Worlds

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Skeletron

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currently, the 5 bosses listed in the poll above share the Boss 1 theme. I'd like to know which ones you think should get a new theme.

Alternatively, you can ask yourself "Who should keep the Boss 1 theme?" and then select each boss EXCEPT the one you want to keep the theme.

Feel free to discuss your choices below, such as why you think a certain boss strongly identifies with this theme, why you think this theme doesn't fit one or more of the bosses you chose, etc.

For my own response, I think the Eye of Cthulhu should get to keep the Boss 1 theme, for a few reasons:
  • EoC is one of the OGs and usually the first one new players fight, so I think Boss 1 has a special connection with it.
  • King Slime needs a theme that compliments the Slime Rain theme (preferably a new one, but Queen Slime's theme could potentially work instead).
  • Eater of Worlds is typically the next boss new players fight, so having the same theme back-to-back is kinda odd. I'd like to hear something new that uses some corruption biome motifs within the track to give it a nice thematic tie-in.
  • Skeletron needs something with some spooky scary instrumentation that compliments the Dungeon's theme.
  • Skeletron Prime needs a theme probably similar to Skeletron's but mechanically remixed.

Back
Top Bottom