Which event to do first?

OneEyedWolf

Terrarian
I would like some feedback on what to do next in the correct order. All pre hard mode bosses are beaten, in hard mode I've beaten all 3 bosses, plantera, then the golem, then I beat the martians, what do I go for now? The Duke? Pumpkin moon? Etc... all feedback is appreciated.

The easiest choice would probably be taking down the Lunatic Cultist, and then taking out the four lunar pillars, since the weapons crafted from their fragments are really good, and progress towards destroying the pillars isn't erased by your inevitable horrifying death.
Of course, Moon Lord will spawn a couple minutes after destroying the last one, but you don't necessarily have to take him down at that point.

The easiest choice would probably be taking down the Lunatic Cultist, and then taking out the four lunar pillars, since the weapons crafted from their fragments are really good, and progress towards destroying the pillars isn't erased by your inevitable horrifying death.
Of course, Moon Lord will spawn a couple minutes after destroying the last one, but you don't necessarily have to take him down at that point.
If I destroy all the pillars and I don't defeat the moon Lord is there a way to spawn him more than once?

If I destroy all the pillars and I don't defeat the moon Lord is there a way to spawn him more than once?
Once the Moon Lord has despawned, the cultists at the dungeon will respawn after a few minutes, allowing you to fight the Lunatic Cultist and do the lunar pillars event again.

When it comes to the moon events, Frost Moon is generally more difficult than Pumpkin Moon. Having a good arena area that allows you to funnel the mobs into a big group to AoE helps a ton for both events, and if you ever decide to tackle the Frost Moon, consider catching a few Frost Minnows in the surface snow biome and seeing what they craft. Banners are a great way to make future events faster.

Tried the lunatic cultist he ripped me to shreds but a little preparation will help next time, I just went for it. Didn't think to try banners, I will have to complete all these events solo. I'm currently building a trap house I will post it here when it's done to see what you guys think.

How about the martian invasion? Have you done that one? I know it has its detractors, but I'm a big fan of the UFO for fighting the Duke.

How about the martian invasion? Have you done that one? I know it has its detractors, but I'm a big fan of the UFO for fighting the Duke.
Yea I farmed the invasion 3 times, got the cosmic car key, also beat the lunatic cultist last night like 3 times. Made the solar sword thing and took down the pillars, got to The second hand on the moonlord each time before dying. So should I now do pumpkin/frost moon? Also I'll have to do it solo with no help, any tips for killing them within the allotted timeframe?

Pumpkin is definitely supposed to be easier, so do that first. I don't have much advice on completing the last wave; I was never very good at that. But it doesn't really matter progression wise, it'll just take a few more tries to get whatever you're after. The full range of enemies show up by waves 8 (pumpkin) and 11 (frost). On the other hand, you can pretty much skip them, along with Fishron at this point, the pillar weapons are mostly better. Although depending on which "class" (if any) you're focusing on, there may still be a few things worth picking up.

Pumpkin is definitely supposed to be easier, so do that first. I don't have much advice on completing the last wave; I was never very good at that. But it doesn't really matter progression wise, it'll just take a few more tries to get whatever you're after. The full range of enemies show up by waves 8 (pumpkin) and 11 (frost). On the other hand, you can pretty much skip them, along with Fishron at this point, the pillar weapons are mostly better. Although depending on which "class" (if any) you're focusing on, there may still be a few things worth picking up.
Thanks for the help i found 6 truffle worms I'll use those 1st, gonna try that and pumpkin moon today, will post a screenshot of my trap setup to see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom