Which evil biome is better for a "difficult" playthrough?

MNS

Official Terrarian
I'm planning a playthrough for which I want to create a world that is as challenging as possible. Small size + Master mode + for the worthy seed. It is absolutely going to suck. However, I cannot decide which evil biome will make it even harder.

Many people in this community agree that the Crimson has stronger enemies and a harder boss, but also better weapons to compensate. The Corruption in turn has more difficult terrain. Both will spread equally in hardmode, though it may be worth noting that Hallowed grass has the ability to overtake Crimson grass, as mentioned here. However, since it is only grass and no other blocks, it should not be enough to convert the Crimson to Hallow.

So yeah, I'm curious about your opinions and experiences, since it does still seem to largely be a matter of preference. Which one will be a bigger pain in the butt in the long-term?

I would say the Crimson, given that it has tougher enemies. However, it also has stronger items. Your choice, really.

crimson does have stronger enemies, but it certainly does not have better items. the only advantages to crimson are ichor and vampire knives. which can both be obtained in corrupt worlds for as little as a couple of coins to spend on seeds. if you are looking for a challenge defiantly choose the crimson.

crimson does have stronger enemies, but it certainly does not have better items. the only advantages to crimson are ichor and vampire knives. which can both be obtained in corrupt worlds for as little as a couple of coins to spend on seeds. if you are looking for a challenge defiantly choose the crimson.
The Vampire Knives are unobtainable in a normal Corruption world, since it lacks the correct biome chest. Thank you for reminding me of the Ichor, though.

I think Crimson would be slightly harder cuz the enemies are stronger but give better loot like the "golden" shower and the fast weapon idk how to spell which would make the first few Hardmode moments hell, literally. I also don't have much experience from it since I haven't played Terraria in ages and most of my worlds don't work but I remember the mod difficult thing was not getting a heart attack from the creepy Underground Crimson music.

Corruption has notably harder terrain to deal with, but the enemies are definitely easier (for me anyway).
I do think the Vampire Knives make Crimson worlds easier overall though, as that instant reliable healing remains extremely useful even all the way up to the Moon Lord.

Back
Top Bottom