PC Which Pillar do you find to be the most annoying?

Which Pillar do you find to be the most annoying?

• Total voters

Argonias

Terrarian
Personally I think Nebula pillar is the most annoying with the floaty eyeballs that shoot lasers. Also the little hound creatures pink cloud crap they send after you can be annoying with that pillar.

After Nebula pillar I think it is a toss up between Solar and Stardust. Crawltipedes and Flow Invaders are the annoying creatures there imo.

Solar. Being grounded severely reduces dodging capabilities. On top of that there are charging enemies and solar flares which with a bit of bad luck can get you cornered and dead in a second.

The rest of the pillars are an exercise in dodging a lot of things fast.

Solar, because Crawltipedes are very annoying to dodge and they can kill you in barely 2 kills. Srollers also were very overpowered until 1.3.0.3 was released.

The other one would be Nebula because of the Brain Sucklers. Vortex is medio-cre and I found Stardust easy, especially with fragment gear.

I don't have all that much trouble with any of them, but the Brain Sucklers from the Nebula Pillar are annoying as hell when they latch onto you. Crawltipedes not targeting you if you're on the ground is mostly just amusing unless you're completely surrounded, though I don't find them hard to kill.

Solar, hands down, by a long shot. Crawltipedes are a flying middle finger to aerial mobility, which is basically the only way to actually evade the vicious spam of overpowered attacks that make up the post-Plantera gameplay. I can still get killed flying about in my UFO if I so much as sneeze at an inopportune time while doing my Summoner thing at the other pillars, so the Solar heartlessly tears away the only method of survivability that actually exists and forces you to footslog through like a chump.

Nebula. Vortexians can't shoot through walls, Crawlipedes count platforms as "ground", and Stardust Cells are lifesteal fodder. But Nebula? There's just no way to outwit it. No arenas, no creative game mechanics, nothing. It's just a test of dodging skill.

Normally, I'd find it a great challenge. These days, it's just the one pillar that makes farming annoying.

Crawlipedes count platforms as "ground"

Actually, I think they see you aren't flying, anyways, it's still a good tip! Thanks!

Back on Topic, Nebula. I just have to keep moving and basically can't stop for a second. If I do, (I play expert mode) I get hit with a 200 dmg or so attack from something.

Solar. I swear those crawltipedes are in some sort of nazi regime predjudiced against humans. Flight's a lifestyle, and gets completely ruined by those guys. Also they count on a block by block basis so getting knocked off a cliff (or going down willingly) results in you getting tackled for 180 damage.

Has to be Solar. man are those worms annoying... gives me trouble every time lol.
Solar. I swear those crawltipedes are in some sort of nazi regime predjudiced against humans. Flight's a lifestyle, and gets completely ruined by those guys. Also they count on a block by block basis so getting knocked off a cliff (or going down willingly) results in you getting tackled for 180 damage.

, Crawlipedes count platforms as "ground".

There's your guys' answer.

Expert Solar, even with my Solar Armor and Meowmere those god damn Corites and Crawlti9e9uayfa8d80edes are atrociously difficult, that's what I get for playing on Expert. :confused:

Hmm, can't really choose. They're all rather doable.
Sure, you're basically grounded in Solar (unless you have some good dodging skills) but most of the other creatures are too, so I can just walk around and rough them up with my sword.
The other 3, I just sit inside my UFO, fly around and let them have it.

Well, if you can manage to beat it once, you can get the Solar Eruption which can go through walls, so you can wall yourself off.
Except then you'll be a sitting duck since a lot of their attacks go through walls.

Solar. If you stay on the ground, you get destroyed. If you go airborne, you get destroyed.

Nebula pillar is next. Those brain suckers that teleport are very annoying.

Vortex and stardust are quite easy, as long as you avoid the shotgun blasts and the blue fireballs that are spawned by stardust enemies.

Except then you'll be a sitting duck since a lot of their attacks go through walls.

Only the Cortites(? I think that is how you spell it) and Crawltipedes go through walls. Obv stay on ground, no crawltipedes. But Corities only attack you if they have direct line of sight. Which, if you have walls if front of you, blocks that line of sight.

The real question should be "Which pillar has indestructible homing projectiles that go through walls and don't disappear when they hit you?".
And the answer for that is Nebula.
Nebula is the only one that you can't just camp in a good spot for, since Milkyway Weavers and Corites can be hit through walls.
Also, those Metroid-Headcrabs are annoying, since the vision darkening takes a couple seconds to go away even if you splatter them one frame after they attach to you.

Back
Top Bottom