Why are the forums here addictive?

SirLOL

Terrarian
I've noticed I tend to gravitate here some days. I don't know.

I don't, didn't, engage like this and nor did I for years. The last time I engaged like this was somewhere else many years ago. Most of the time I don't even care because at the end of the day it don't matter.

Some days I find that I would rather talk to people than play a game or at least think I'm talking to people even though they don't read all this stuff like I do. At least most of the time I read.

Maybe it's not addicting at all and it's just me compensating. Maybe it's no different than any other platform or maybe it is and I just don't know it or maybe I think I know it and I really don't.

Meh anyway. I keep looking for answers for the things that I'm going on the game and I find I end up spending more time talking to people or at least thinking I'm talking to people that actually might care but really don't then me actually playing the game. Pointless I know. I need to do better I know.

Anyhow moving on

I think you're both right for the most part. I say for the most part because I don't know everything and the most things that humans say is speculation at best.

Now if I was an elf I would have said something different.

Although, I've always been bit of a mutant anyway and very connected to the environment that's probably why I've been sick a lot lately because the world is going to hell and there's nothing we can do to save it at this point. I've actually had big predatory wild animals be nice to me on purpose without any form of misinterpretation.

My body's kind of weird anyway including my genetics so maybe I am part elf of some sort I mean I don't know how else to explain it neither does the doctors and neither does the geneticist. Anywho moving on that just got weird

Although, I've always been bit of a mutant anyway and very connected to the environment that's probably why I've been sick a lot lately because the world is going to hell and there's nothing we can do to save it at this point. I've actually had big predatory wild animals be nice to me on purpose without any form of misinterpretation.

My body's kind of weird anyway including my genetics so maybe I am part elf of some sort I mean I don't know how else to explain it neither does the doctors and neither does the geneticist. Anywho moving on that just got weird
Can you explain please, how the second half of your reply is related to the question "Why are the forums addictive?"?

Last edited:
How are you extremely serious 99 percent of the time in these posts, and then you just made this?

Can you explain please, how the second half of your reply is related to the question "Why are the forums addictive?"?
It's not I simply talk too much. I've always had a hard time knowing when to shut up and since I've gotten older it's gotten worse.

How are you extremely serious 99 percent of the time in these posts, and then you just made this?
Because I was quite serious. I say what I mean, I mean what I say, and do what I say unless God forbids that I do whatever I said.

If you knew me personally you'd find out too. It's not like something you can completely ignore if you know me. Sometimes things are just weird.

Because I was quite serious. I say what I mean, I mean what I say, and do what I say unless God forbids that I do whatever I said.

If you knew me personally you'd find out too. It's not like something you can completely ignore if you know me. Sometimes things are just weird.
You were being serious when you said that you are part elf?

I think they are as serious saying they were elf as I am serious saying I would be a demon on the internet. I say that I would be a demon on the internet for entertainment purposes only due to having such a PFP to joke a bit around and not to spam anyone with that. A sign of the forums getting addictive is if you think in real life, i. e. even outside the Internet that you would be some kind of fantasy being

I was saying that I am like part elf, you know like an expression to try to explain something? Anyway whatever. you know like a woodland creature that's good with wood stuff. Nature stuff that's me. Now genetically I have no freaking idea that would explain the weird genetics.

I think they are as serious saying they were elf as I am serious saying I would be a demon on the internet. I say that I would be a demon on the internet for entertainment purposes only due to having such a PFP to joke a bit around and not to spam anyone with that. A sign of the forums getting addictive is if you think in real life, i. e. even outside the Internet that you would be some kind of fantasy being
I'm referencing my natural genetics tendencies habits behaviors etc. It was the closest thing I could ever find to explain why I'm so different than everyone else. It's the closest thing that is comparable that I am currently aware of.

In my view, the forums here are not addictive. I would elaborate, but whenever I consider expressing my thoughts about this particular forum, I hesitate because I've observed that, unlike other places I talk to a lot, I have a feeling that I'm just going to get warned about it.

Another part of it has to do with my thought about how communities tend to be more mature in it's early days, but then the more that they live, the less mature that it gets. Humanized bosses, poo jokes, boulder jokes, and such are all the things I see from this community nowadays, and I just stick to the modded side (other than Calamity) because I find my audience to be at this spot better than this one. I could always talk to the people that were apart of this community in it's origins but 1) some of them aren't in the game anymore, moving on from other things 2) I still can't communicate well to other people because I'm honestly nervous the more popular they are (cause they tend to ignore people the most) and 3) I don't remember who they are

Oh, and one last thing: In my opinion, I believe that the moderation here is a bit too strict. Now I mean by no means that the mods aren't bad people; they're doing their absolute best to handle the thousands of people here, and I am glad that they're doing it. I'm a mod in the Terraria Metroid Mod Discord, and I sometimes have to deal amongst the team with people who don't just to behave according to the rules. But for some elements of the rules here, I just think that it's a lot less lenient then the other sites that I'm more active in, and that's one oft the biggest reasons I'm not too active here. Especially with the forum chat being nerfed in an attempt to get people to use the fourm aspect more than DMs (in another fourm site, they have an active IRC chat, and the option to PM users aren't as strict as it is even when you have other social medias to use). Ik I don't use them much, but it still gives me a limit as to if I want to meet awesome people on here and such.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom