PC Why aren't any lightning bugs spawning in my artificial Hallow?

Cheeseywiz

Terrarian
What it looks like:
1668949681022.png

There's a forest biome about 25 blocks below. I've seen plenty of fireflies on the forest below, but not a single lightning bug. Been throwing platinum in shimmer every now and then, got a gnome, got a biome torch, got a water torch, and have been drinking battle potions. Not a single lightning bug `😢 Literally the last creature in my bestiary too.

Fireflies and lightning bugs only spawn in swarms on specific random nights, spend some time in the hallow, like building a home for hallow enthusiast NPC's, and you'll eventually meet them.

Can guarantee that if you havn't seen a lightning bug in the first minutes of the night, then it won't appear for the rest of the night either.

That's the weird part though, even on nights that I've seen fireflies, I've never seen a single lightning bug, nor did any of the fireflies spawn in the hallow, they all spawned on the forest below.

That's odd then🤔, I do remember seeing lightning bugs on my artifical biome on the ocean. I'm not sure if the conditions collides with the forest

If you're seeing Fireflies, you Hallow biome might be too small. You may need to extend it a bit. Building some houses for NPCs to move into will also help by negating enemy spawns and increase the chances of critter spawns.

Back
Top Bottom