Resolved Why is my housing not valid?

yayaction

Terrarian
I think i have about everything for it... there's no corruption near by either so idk please help, first post too

Attachments

• not valid.PNG
    not valid.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 253
Using natural stone should not be a problem, unless they changed that in 1.4, which I doubt.
Are you positive that there are no holes in the background walls? Try to place background walls with the smart cursor on, so it'll point out any gaps for you.

it do seems there are holes in the wall, but then shouldn't it say "this housing is missing a wall" instead of it being "invalid"? it also not seems that many walls are missing, with just a few missing like that, I would think it should be considered valid.

isn't "this house is invalid" usually shows up when evil biome is nearby - but not close enough to say "this housing is corrupted"?

isn't "this house is invalid" usually shows up when evil biome is nearby - but not close enough to say "this housing is corrupted"?
I'd say that there's a decent chance that's the issue. If you want to salvage it, I'd recommend either placing a bunch of sunflowers around or just removing any nearby corruption. Making sure the background walls are all filled in wouldn't hurt either.
Edit: Also why is this in the suggestions forum?

it do seems there are holes in the wall, but then shouldn't it say "this housing is missing a wall" instead of it being "invalid"? it also not seems that many walls are missing, with just a few missing like that, I would think it should be considered valid.

yeah it was because evil was nearby. thank you for telling me

yeah it was because evil was nearby. thank you for telling me
I'm glad we figured it out!

That "invalid" message is such an useless one. it's really not helpful... the game should say something else, like "this housing it too close to crimson/corruption" or something in these cases, even if it doesn't says it's "corrupted"

I've basically taken "This housing is invalid" to mean "there's evil biome blocks within about a screen of the house, but the house isn't swimming in evil, so I won't tell you it's evil biome"

Back
Top Bottom