Why is the moon lord so small

So, I finally kill the pillars right? And I'm not ready for Moon Lord, but I wanna take him on. After 2 years of not playing terraria and spoiling as little as possible. "Impending doom approaches" Screen is going crazy, giant beam of light!... and he's the size of my EoC arena. I was expecting a giant boss sitting in the foreground, a real legendary battle against a monster. But he's a little baby boy! Why did Re-Logic make him so small?

Because you have to be able to hit his vulnerable parts? And he's one of the biggest bosses, just so you know.
Alright, something I forgot to add is that I kinda expected him to stay still. Something I don't really like is how spazzy he was 0when I fought him, he was zooming around my character and it was really annoying. But Imma try to get used to it, because even though it wasn't how I expected, it was still a awesome fight while it lasted. I feel like 1 or 2 of his moves were made with the type of boss I thought he would be as well, the laser, and mouth sucker thing are weird to dodge since he tries to keeps his head directly above you at all times

Last edited:
Moon Lord being any bigger would cause problems. Like Johann already said, you have to be able to hit his parts. But also, on resolutions smaller than 1920x1080 (I used to use a 1366x738) and Moon Lord barely fits on screen. Makes a huge difference in how hard it is to fight the Moon Lord, and it only gets worse if you make him bigger.

Moon Lord being any bigger would cause problems. Like Johann already said, you have to be able to hit his parts. But also, on resolutions smaller than 1920x1080 (I used to use a 1366x738) and Moon Lord barely fits on screen. Makes a huge difference in how hard it is to fight the Moon Lord, and it only gets worse if you make him bigger.
Thanks, I just always thought of him as a massive monster, but I guess I had high expectations. Still a really cool boss though. another thing I kinda already said was how weird the fight is in general, the laser sweep specifically felt like you couldn't dodge since he always tries to stay right above you. I think that could just be my lack of skill, but it feels like that he's using a move a massive stationary boss would use; while spazzing around the player

Thanks, I just always thought of him as a massive monster, but I guess I had high expectations. Still a really cool boss though. another thing I kinda already said was how weird the fight is in general, the laser sweep specifically felt like you couldn't dodge since he always tries to stay right above you. I think that could just be my lack of skill, but it feels like that he's using a move a massive stationary boss would use; while spazzing around the player

You want to prepare to get as much height before he fires the laser as possible. As he charges the laser, start moving upward and get closer to the eye and then sweep around it as the laser approaches.

It also helps to know that the laser goes clockwise if you’re to the left and counterclockwise if you’re to the right, meaning it always tries to sweep upward from under you, which is why preparing to go over the eye before he fires is ideal.

Just try not to get cornered to the top of the map -move at a downward angle as much as you can afford to between eye lasers, but make sure you’re not gliding into anything he shoots

You want to prepare to get as much height before he fires the laser as possible. As he charges the laser, start moving upward and get closer to the eye and then sweep around it as the laser approaches.

It also helps to know that the laser goes clockwise if you’re to the left and counterclockwise if you’re to the right, meaning it always tries to sweep upward from under you, which is why preparing to go over the eye before he fires is ideal.
Thanks! It's been a really long time since I've played the game, and his laser keeps finishing me off every time. I played on 360 for what feels like forever ago when Ocram was still in the game. After they got rid of him I stopped playing until now, because the Moon Lord is now the only boss I haven't beaten in expert. (if you don't count DG)

anyone remember the old moon lord shacks the people build to cheese moon lord because lasers. couldn't go through blocks until 1.4

Consoles are not yet updated to 1.4 so yes it still works. But console 1.4 is in development and I don’t recommend getting yourself into a habit you have to give up
Still good to know though. If he does end up giving me too much trouble, I'll end up doing that. But I'm trying to keep my game as cheese free as I can

Back
Top Bottom