Why is there exclusive content in Console, Mobile, and PC? 1.3 Console Worries as well

Okay I understand console exclusivity and PC users getting updates, but... Why did developers introduce exclusive content like Thanksgiving boss and Easter for mobile, or Console's exclusive boss named Ocram, but never later on add them to other versions?

Like I don't get the point besides saying " Hey we optimized the game! ", but why do this sort of thing to other platformers.

Because honestly the exclusive content actually divides the community to be very honest, that's all I see is it divides the community in many ways, PC users for a while were pissed over this exact thing when Xbox 360 version came out. I feel some of the items should not be exclusive, but are.

But why do the developers add these contents exclusive, but later on, don't do it to other versions of the game especially the mobile?

Is it just me, but 1.3's console update will be the most disliked out of the updates mostly giving the blue jay to Vita ( Handheld ), and 7th Gen consoles loose updates. I feel like the excuse the hardware being too weak doesn't apply because I heard 3DS maybe getting 1.3, but not Vita. >.> What kind of logic is that? Is that Re-Logic. When I mean by the disliked, the most controversial supported.. Vita version is actually a pretty good version of the game, but seeing that version being no longer supported over techinical reasons is kinda sad. If 1.3 go's to mobile, then the vita certainly can do it, if got the 3DS version to run Terraria, than I feel it could work...

I know it's source code of 1.3's PC version, but does that mean Cross-Platform play for the Xbox One users and PS4 maybe PC if get rid of the exclusive content?

I feel it would be cool if Console users and mobile lost exclusive content, but exchange for that is cross-platform, and able to play with other platform users.

The fact that exclusive content exists on console and mobile is bad, but in my opinion it doesn't really matter. Most of it just sucks anyways.
Also, Ocram is a very boring fight to me. Hell, he's less fun than the Eye of Cthulhu in my opinion even though he's just a hardmode version of it. There's also the different variations of certain enemies that they have but.. it really doesn't change anything at all, they're just recolors really.

Also, why does mobile have SO much exclusive content (compared to console)? It's stupid.

The fact that exclusive content exists on console and mobile is bad, but in my opinion it doesn't really matter. Most of it just sucks anyways.
Also, Ocram is a very boring fight to me. Hell, he's less fun than the Eye of Cthulhu in my opinion even though he's just a hardmode version of it. There's also the different variations of certain enemies that they have but.. it really doesn't change anything at all, they're just recolors really.

Also, why does mobile have SO much exclusive content (compared to console)? It's stupid.
To me, I got the Vita and PS4 versions, but the exclusive content feels very tacked on, and would be better without it, but Ocram is what Eye Cthulhu as Skeletron Prime is to Skeletron.

Isn't skeletron a reskin technically? Like have about the same attack patterns with some additionals, that somes up Ocram really. Ocram I honestly feel is such a waste boss, so is the Lepus.

I find it questionable why do these actions if it splits a fanbase? Ocram isn't a bad boss, but wasted opportunity. The other items like Wings that are crafted with Souls of blight is weird, haven't I mentioned the other exclusive items that aren't reskined? Some of them actually are improved designs... Like the Ocra...

Why make thexe exvclusive, if they don't add anything to the game, why bother adding them? Some of them should be all platforms..

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Even though Ocram's drops add SOMETHING to the game, at the same time it kind of doesn't.. all of the armors in my opinion, are outclassed by another. With the exception of Titan armor because it has so much of a chance for you to not use ammo, but, that's all it's really useful for in my opinion.
Plus there's the weapons too. There are better melee weapons than the Tizona, the mushroom spear is much better than the Tonbogiri, and the Vulcan Repeater is a cool weapon and all, but again, there are better choices out there.

That leaves us with a few more exclusive items, that matter at least. There's the Sharanga which I have to admit is a great weapon, but that's really it. Thing is, I'm pretty sure there are better ranged options as soon as you get into hardmode, and it will probably be outclassed by the Hellwing bow when it comes to console.
Finally, there's the Horned God set. This is the only console vanity item that is actually good, and I think it should be added to PC too because of this honestly.

Isn't the Turkey boss known to be loved and very unique? >_> That platform mobile I can't use due to lacking hardware specifications and touch controls don't work at all with my hands 90% of the time.

To me, I got the Vita and PS4 versions, but the exclusive content feels very tacked on, and would be better without it, but Ocram is what Eye Cthulhu as Skeletron Prime is to Skeletron.

Isn't skeletron a reskin technically? Like have about the same attack patterns with some additionals, that somes up Ocram really. Ocram I honestly feel is such a waste boss, so is the Lepus.

I find it questionable why do these actions if it splits a fanbase? Ocram isn't a bad boss, but wasted opportunity. The other items like Wings that are crafted with Souls of blight is weird, haven't I mentioned the other exclusive items that aren't reskined? Some of them actually are improved designs... Like the Ocra...

Why make thexe exvclusive, if they don't add anything to the game, why bother adding them? Some of them should be all platforms..
I agree with you with the Horned God set, that should come to PC, for me as in variants, Ocra is a must. I am sorry, but. If we can have duke fishrons, sharks, and squid, can we have a killer whale? The Turkey the Ungrateful should come to PC, I thought the armor set was hardmode, but considering it is Terraria alpha sh*t... I guess it should be removed or to all versions as alternates.

Console / Mobile exclusive armors should come to PC with a newer coat of paint.

Change Ocram into an actually good boss since we got Expert Mode. T_T The sprite for that needs to be redone, since Ocram is supposed to be a crab apparently, have ROTATING legs,

Arch Wyvern seems to be a good variant, why not add it to PC version as well as an expert mode only enemy? I feel it would suit the game better than the normal wyvern sprite, hell that design looks superior works in the game's favor.

Some of the Arch enemies aren't that well done or console only, but Arch Wyvern seems to be one of the best redesigns, the Spectral versions of hallowed enemies are second best, would make good expert mode only enemies for hallowed dungeons being tougher, and Albino Antlion coming back to PC.

Those variants are awesome... Some of them, I feel would be better off on PC, similar to the Desert music being for a long time exclusive to console, than to PC, but PC users enjoyed it more.. The spectral versions of those enemies I feel fit better for Expert Mode Terraria than actually standard console or vanilla Terraria for PC.

Arch Wyvern to PC maybe due to having same amount of health as the expert mode Wyvern?

I agree with you with the Horned God set, that should come to PC, for me as in variants, Ocra is a must. I am sorry, but. If we can have duke fishrons, sharks, and squid, can we have a killer whale? The Turkey the Ungrateful should come to PC, I thought the armor set was hardmode, but considering it is Terraria alpha sh*t... I guess it should be removed or to all versions as alternates.

Console / Mobile exclusive armors should come to PC with a newer coat of paint.

Change Ocram into an actually good boss since we got Expert Mode. T_T The sprite for that needs to be redone, since Ocram is supposed to be a crab apparently, have ROTATING legs,

Arch Wyvern seems to be a good variant, why not add it to PC version as well as an expert mode only enemy? I feel it would suit the game better than the normal wyvern sprite, hell that design looks superior works in the game's favor.

Some of the Arch enemies aren't that well done or console only, but Arch Wyvern seems to be one of the best redesigns, the Spectral versions of hallowed enemies are second best, would make good expert mode only enemies for hallowed dungeons being tougher, and Albino Antlion coming back to PC.

Those variants are awesome... Some of them, I feel would be better off on PC, similar to the Desert music being for a long time exclusive to console, than to PC, but PC users enjoyed it more.. The spectral versions of those enemies I feel fit better for Expert Mode Terraria than actually standard console or vanilla Terraria for PC.

Arch Wyvern to PC maybe due to having same amount of health as the expert mode Wyvern?
There's reasons for the Mobile and Console-exclusive items/enemies/boss(es) not being in PC. At least, I believe there is.

I am sure that they won't end up on PC. I cannot, however, guarantee that they won't, as I (obviously) am not one of the devs.

There's reasons for the Mobile and Console-exclusive items/enemies/boss(es) not being in PC. At least, I believe there is.

I am sure that they won't end up on PC. I cannot, however, guarantee that they won't, as I (obviously) am not one of the devs.
Most of the items aren't based upon existing properities, besides the 3DS only gun that WAS IN PC VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hero's Console design made sense, but that redesign is god awful. T_T Where's the green dye * gets copyright striked*

I feel some of the items in Terraria are completely useless, like why add Pearlwood Armor if nobody uses, for vanity it still looks ugly. T_T

The Pearlwood stuff is just sad for Hardmode equipment.
I make fun of it anytime I want simply due to that.

Why did they even add that? It's more sad than a bloody crismon and corrupted wood, atleast THEY'RE PSUEDO USEFUL AND GOOD LOOKING!

The Pearlwood Armor set's headpiece looks like a CENSORED on it, from the color scheme alone.

I make fun of it anytime I want simply due to that.

Why did they even add that? It's more sad than a bloody crismon and corrupted wood, atleast THEY'RE PSUEDO USEFUL AND GOOD LOOKING!

The Pearlwood Armor set's headpiece looks like a CENSORED on it, from the color scheme alone.
I'm still baffled by how useless a Hardmode piece of equipment could be for Hardmode.

I'm still baffled by how useless a Hardmode piece of equipment could be for Hardmode.
It is a wonderful waste of precious kilobytes, I hope the Wooden Pearlwood Sword is removed and the set. Due to... It's useless! It literally can be replaced by all armors in the game, even the copper armor is superior on the convience. It sucks, and blows, worst armor in the game without a doubt. Pearlwood has no right to have pearls in the title, it is not even precious unlike the ring.

It is a wonderful waste of precious kilobytes, I hope the Wooden Pearlwood Sword is removed and the set. Due to... It's useless! It literally can be replaced by all armors in the game, even the copper armor is superior on the convience. It sucks, and blows, worst armor in the game without a doubt. Pearlwood has no right to have pearls in the title, it is not even precious unlike the ring.
The armor does have somewhat of a use - it's required in order to get the Console version's "Knight in Shining Armors" achievement.

Yep, that's essentially it. Other than that, good luck finding a use for it.
Why is it censored? >_> I dislike that already, I want to see it without them censors. Just full on cuss word. I honestly find that achievement is pointless, but cool, but honestly? Do we really need Pearlwood in the PC version if nobody uses it?

Why is it censored? >_> I dislike that already, I want to see it without them censors. Just full on cuss word. I honestly find that achievement is pointless, but cool, but honestly? Do we really need Pearlwood in the PC version if nobody uses it?
It's kinda understandable why they made a Pearlwood set, but it makes no sense as to why it's so weak compared to even Pre-Hardmode gear.

I feel like the excuse the hardware being too weak doesn't apply because I heard 3DS maybe getting 1.3, but not Vita. >.> What kind of logic is that?
That's not happening. The whole reason the previous gen systems (and the Wii U) aren't getting 1.3 is due to ram limitations. The 3ds has even less than the 360, so it's definitely not going to happen.
The Pearlwood stuff is just sad for Hardmode equipment.
It's simply for the sake of consistency.

There is one proposal "hallowed sky islands" or something like that that would make it a more appropriate equipment set.

I think what you mean by "PC Exclusive", is that it's the "definitive" platform, as it was the first and is more up-to-date editionr. But I think why consoles/mobile has exclusives is to entice people who are thinking of just getting the pc port with stuff like exclusive bosses, gear and all that. Also, I highly doubt the 3DS will get 1.3. If the vita is unsupported, so will be the 3DS. Some may say mobile won't get 1.3, but have you seen what phones can run? Games like Modern Combat 5, CSR 2, NBA 2K17 and others, it's incredible.

I think what you mean by "PC Exclusive", is that it's the "definitive" platform, as it was the first and is more up-to-date editionr. But I think why consoles/mobile has exclusives is to entice people who are thinking of just getting the pc port with stuff like exclusive bosses, gear and all that. Also, I highly doubt the 3DS will get 1.3. If the vita is unsupported, so will be the 3DS. Some may say mobile won't get 1.3, but have you seen what phones can run? Games like Modern Combat 5, CSR 2, NBA 2K17 and others, it's incredible.
Have you see the vita run Kill Zone.

When I mean by PC Exclusive as, it's only on that platform.

Back
Top Bottom