Why kids cannot login?

XenForo has an age rule, where you have to be at least 13 at the time of registering a XenForo forum account. This makes it so that nobody can make you under the age of 13, even if a forum does not share this rule. It's very unfortunate, but true.

XenForo has an age rule
It has nothing to do with Xenforo, specifically.

Its a question
I want to know why kids cannot login in this forum?

It's mostly a legal issue, to cover Re-Logic's butts. There are U.S. laws designed to protect children under the age of 13 on the Internet. While they probably don't apply to us (because the only personal information we have is your email address, we don't conduct commerce here, we don't have advertising except for Terraria products), we're leaving nothing to chance. So we ask that people enter their date of birth, and if the date entered indicates they are under 13, it says so.

We have no means of verifying anyone's age. We accept whatever date you put in when you registered. However, if you later tried to claim some sort of injury (from forum content or interactions) because you're really under 13, then your claim would be invalid because you were not truthful about your age.

This is also why you cannot change your date of birth after registration yourselves; you have ask me to change it for you. I will not change anyone's DoB so that it makes you under 13 years of age, even if that is your true DoB.

Content on this forum is basically intended for people 13 years and older - much like the ESRB/PEGI/other ratings for Terraria the Game. Anyone who successfully completes the registration process should be able to participate in the forum.

You stated your 'theory' as fact, even though is not factual in the least.
What I was trying to say was you can't get Registered under the age of 13, and that it could possible be the reason why kids can't log in. Apologies for the misunderstanding, as I was only stating a *possible* cause. I will not argue if you think otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom