Resolved Wierd resolution

Ev3lyn

Terrarian
Sup.
So I've been having some problems lately concerning my resolution in game. I bought a new screen some while ago with a higher resolution (2560 x 1440, my old one was like 1920 x 1080 or something). I started Terraria as usual, but the resolution didn't match the one my screen has.
Ingame it looks like it's zoomed in, I can't really describe it:
vanilla.png

However, when I play in tModloader, it looks normal.
modded.png

I have already tried reinstalling the vanilla version, trying out different resolutions and changing to fullscreen and windowed mode.

Plis halp. Thank you in advance.
-Ev

So this might sound stupid, but can you verify you're not actually zoomed in in-game? You can check that in the settings menu when you're in a world.

If that doesn't help, what resolution does Terraria report it's running in?

So this might sound stupid, but can you verify you're not actually zoomed in in-game? You can check that in the settings menu when you're in a world.

If that doesn't help, what resolution does Terraria report it's running in?

I've noticed it says 133% just now.
Screenshot_10.png

Other than that it says i'm running on 2560 x 1440

Well, that explains the graphical issue, although I have no idea why it's locked to 133%.

In your Documents/My Games/Terraria folder, there's a file called config.json. If you close Terraria, open that file (any text editor should be able to, even Notepad) and scroll all the way down, there should be a line like this near the end:

Code:
"Zoom": 1.0,

Does it say 1.0 for you? If not, could you try setting it to 1.0, saving the file and restarting Terraria?

Ah, apparently this is an intended limitation to prevent players from seeing too much of the map. Unfortunately, 133% means rounding errors, which is why you're getting the pixel artifacts.

You can either try and lower your resolution a tad, or set your zoom to 150%, which I think should get rid of the pixel artifacts. Let me know if that works for you. ;)

Oh, good to know. That explains why I could see the enemies spawn when I played modded.
Lowered my resolution to standard 1080p and went windowed mode; works perfectly.
Thank you very much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom