Will this stop hallow and crimson infecting my world?

FrozenToothpaste

Skeletron Prime
I hate it when the crimson or the hallow infects my world! I want it to be pure :mad:!!!

Well now i have created a 5-7 wide tunnel using bombs and you guys should tell me if this can still infect my home.
NTGbMrMh.jpg

Apologize for bad image. My snipping tool dissapeared from System32.

If you cant see the tunnel/hellavator then zoom in.

Thanks to those who is trying to help me :happy:

There is one thing to note, upon entering hardmode both crimson and hallow are spread through your world in a V form from the center of the world spreading out. Furthermore smashing alters to spawn in new ore spawn in more hallow/crimson sections (if im not mistaken). Image of hardmode spread

So while yes in theory it will contain it in their sections but due to the spread in hardmode it will infect all sections. There are a few thing you can do to help cull the spread though it will not remove it completely.
Things to note ::
Crimson can spread through jungle but at a slow rate.
Hallow can prevent crimson spread.
Hallow cannot spread through jungle.
The spread rate is sped up once entered hardmode.
Do not fear hallow, it will help you.

1, The steampunker sells a Clentaminator which can be used to convert infected blocks back to their neutral state.
2, Killing plantera will minimize the spread speed dramatically
3, Deliberately spread hallow on all sides of crimson and jungle
4, you can dig 5 wide tunnel starting at the desert edges down and under your home to protect it.
5, Create artificial biomes which function as the natural ones.

So..
1. If I have 2 crimson then 1 of the crimson turns into hallow?
2. Why do not fear hallow? NPCS can live there but I still see it as a girly version of the corruption/crimson.

So..
1. If I have 2 crimson then 1 of the crimson turns into hallow?
2. Why do not fear hallow? NPCS can live there but I still see it as a girly version of the corruption/crimson.
If the hardmode V hallow spread runs in to crimson it will turn it to hallow. But looking at your map I would guess the V spread will miss your crimson.

I say not to fear hallow because it does your world more good to have it than to not to. You may see it as a more girly version when in actual fact it is there to represent purity where as crimson and corruption represent evil. Hallow is good because it can not be taken over by crimson or corruption and more importantly does not spread through the jungle where as crimson will over time.

Regardless if you see hallow as 'girly' it holds more benefits. Plus it is one of the nicer biomes in my opinion

If the hardmode V hallow spread runs in to crimson it will turn it to hallow. But looking at your map I would guess the V spread will miss your crimson.

I say not to fear hallow because it does your world more good to have it than to not to. You may see it as a more girly version when in actual fact it is there to represent purity where as crimson and corruption represent evil. Hallow is good because it can not be taken over by crimson or corruption and more importantly does not spread through the jungle where as crimson will over time.

Regardless if you see hallow as 'girly' it holds more benefits. Plus it is one of the nicer biomes in my opinion

Alright thanks for your help. I'll enter hardmode :happy: Even though I will sometimes try to stop hallow if possible because it's not nice to me. The pixies in my opinion is basically just a stronger version of the eater of souls and the unicorns are probably melee corruptors :sigh:

Each to their own I say, everyone is different and this is why Terraria is a different game for everyone. I like hallow and others dont, its all fair game ^-^ If you want to protect your spawn forest area then I suggest digging a 3 wide tunnel down and under the forest and fill it back up with bricks, neither hallow or crimson will spread then but dont forget to remove the walls to ^-^

Or heck you could hire me to do it for you :p I dont mind but just remember to only play however you want to ^-^

Each to their own I say, everyone is different and this is why Terraria is a different game for everyone. I like hallow and others dont, its all fair game ^-^ If you want to protect your spawn forest area then I suggest digging a 3 wide tunnel down and under the forest and fill it back up with bricks, neither hallow or crimson will spread then but dont forget to remove the walls to ^-^

Or heck you could hire me to do it for you :p I dont mind but just remember to only play however you want to ^-^

Changed my mind. Hallow looks pretty nice without those colorful trees. I don't mind the background :p

If you place three snow blocks in a row you can grow boreal wood tree's might make for a better atmosphere :p

I will also make sure to infect my sky islands to corruption and crimson. I'm tired switching worlds just for an Ebonkoi :sigh:

Also trees make everything better but not the Hallow...well for me.

Anyways thanks for your help AGAIN. I will infect my evil biome with a holy biome :happy:
[DOUBLEPOST=1441115803,1441115745][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I thought you need an acorn to grow a tree....?

If you want biome fishing spots they can easily be made. Click me

Look in the visual guide section for compact biome fishing spots. ^-^ works a treat.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441115947,1441115881][/DOUBLEPOST]Yes acorns can be used to grow any tree type in the game. The defining factor is the ground you place them on.

3 words godspeed death ponys.

Never fear the hallow.

Gotta abuse em... :D

Because you know... holy arrows

Rapid Chlorophyte Shotbow + holy arrows + Menacing Ranger Emblem + Menacing Magic Quiver + Menacing Destroyer Emblem + Menacing Avenger Emblem = GOD OF TERRARIA!

Moon Lord: Nope, get a phantasm you stupid mortal!

I don't have idea what I'm typing this for :confused:

Back
Top Bottom