Will this stop/prevent crimson from spreading?

I have 3 crimson biomes, and containing them w/ a 5 tile wide hellevator w/ rope going down the middle of it to prevent thorns. I also put wood on the top to prevent thorns on the surface from breaching.

Here's 2 images of what I'm doing to contain this crimson biome.
20181014180942_1.jpg

20181014181019_1.jpg

I've also done the same thing around my base, only difference is that I didn't go all the way to hell and connected a tunnel to the bottom of the 2 holes w/ rope

Yeap, what ppowersteef said. I'd definitely neutralize grass walls all the way to the cavern layer, just to be safe. The rest looks solid.

Countermeasures look solid, but I suggest you also connect your hellevators at underground level, since you said you connected them at cavern level and random tiles can still reach the surface when breaking altars.

Countermeasures look solid, but I suggest you also connect your hellevators at underground level, since you said you connected them at cavern level and random tiles can still reach the surface when breaking altars.

I won't break any altars, I'm about to start stacking crates so I can get HM ores

The surface seems secure enough with the wood, I'm not very sure about the underground, that depends on the jungle wall grass and if the thorns can grow on there and spread through.

I thought that thorns couldn't grow through ropes?

I won't break any altars, I'm about to start stacking crates so I can get HM ores
Quick tip in case you find fishing boring: You can create a throwaway world and smash altars to get hardmode ores. Your player character can then bring the hardmode ores over to your good world and continue the game there.

Quick tip in case you find fishing boring: You can create a throwaway world and smash altars to get hardmode ores. Your player character can then bring the hardmode ores over to your good world and continue the game there.

Personally, I'd say it's not the damage to the world via the ores, it's having to go mine them.

Personally, I'd say it's not the damage to the world via the ores, it's having to go mine them.
That is true, for people who like to preserve their worlds (me included, for my 'good' worlds). In this context though, it's referring to the chance of C/C/H being spawned somewhere and growing out of control as a result of smashing altars.
Personally, I don't see the appeal in trying to fish up a whole lot of crates. It sounds like quite a long and tedious thing to do! I'd rather go explore a new world and get the extra goodies that may come with that.

That is true, for people who like to preserve their worlds (me included, for my 'good' worlds). In this context though, it's referring to the chance of C/C/H being spawned somewhere and growing out of control as a result of smashing altars.
Personally, I don't see the appeal in trying to fish up a whole lot of crates. It sounds like quite a long and tedious thing to do! I'd rather go explore a new world and get the extra goodies that may come with that.

But there's crate potions, which require only an Amber, a Deathweed, a Moonglow, and a Bottled Water, and at an Alchemy Station, you have a chance of not using each of those items, so you could make 2-3 out of one of each ingredient.

Personally, I don't see the appeal in trying to fish up a whole lot of crates. It sounds like quite a long and tedious thing to do!
As someone who does go fishing for metals so to avoid random corruption, I can tell you that it is indeed quite a long and tedious thing to do, and that you are wise to avoid it. :p
It's my least favourite part of a playthrough (and I hate fishing in general).

I have smashed 0 altars in my world, and the Crimson is eating my Jungle, it already was, and then Hardmode spawns right on the Jungle. Because I'm running mods with tons of items and new NPCs with lots of sales for lots of money, now solution is expensive. xP
My jungle is rotting away, turning to dirt/crimson.

I'm gonna have to look up what events cause the speeding/slowing of Evil/Hallow Biome Spread again..

I'm gonna have to look up what events cause the speeding/slowing of Evil/Hallow Biome Spread again..

It looks, at a glance, that the way to slow the spread in the base is plantera's death, or just putting up the 3-6 block gaps to restrict spread with air gaps; plus whatever your mods might also provide.

It looks, at a glance, that the way to slow the spread in the base is plantera's death, or just putting up the 3-6 block gaps to restrict spread with air gaps; plus whatever your mods might also provide.

Yeah, it's getting pretty bad though.

I'm wondering if maybe the mods I'm using are even speeding it's spread up past Vanilla spread for Post-Mech Progress.

I have smashed 0 altars in my world, and the Crimson is eating my Jungle, it already was, and then Hardmode spawns right on the Jungle. Because I'm running mods with tons of items and new NPCs with lots of sales for lots of money, now solution is expensive. xP
Making matters worse is that the Crimson can and will spread through vines and thorns, both of which the Jungle has aplenty. That makes trying to dig a containment tunnel quite difficult.
I'd suggest seeding some Hallow at the locations where Crimson and unconverted Jungle meet. You can get Hallow seeds from the Dryad and craft them to make Holy Water. The Hallow won't take over your Jungle, but it'll provide a buffer to stop the Crimson spreading. It might be a cheaper and faster way to contain things.

Making matters worse is that the Crimson can and will spread through vines and thorns, both of which the Jungle has aplenty. That makes trying to dig a containment tunnel quite difficult.
I'd suggest seeding some Hallow at the locations where Crimson and unconverted Jungle meet. You can get Hallow seeds from the Dryad and craft them to make Holy Water. The Hallow won't take over your Jungle, but it'll provide a buffer to stop the Crimson spreading. It might be a cheaper and faster way to contain things.

Also, with my mods, I can mine Chlorophyte early, which means I can put it wherever I want. Chlorophyte has a unique ability to transform dirt into Mud, the opposite of what the Crimson is doing. I have high hopes for the reformation of my Jungle.

Back
Top Bottom