tAPI (WIP) Aden's Mod

AdenSword

Terrarian
Welcome to Aden's mod!

Im sure some of you remember the thread that this used to be back on TO. But instead of making this a poll like the last one was this is a thread about the mod itself. Here is a spoiler telling you what stuff this mod is adding
if I say (maybe) in front of something that means im not sure if I would do it its an idea that is not totally thought through and im not sure if I like myself

Also if you see an idea that you posted somewhere here and I did not give you credit for then that means that I did not see your thread and came up with the idea on my own. I do NOT steal ideas from people without giving them credit and asking for their permission.

1.Have an option in world generation to have Crimson, Corruption, both Crimson and corruption, or random of either crimson or corruption.

2.always at least 1 pyramid and always at least 1 tree on each world and add more things to the living wood chest instead of wands (I will remove wands BUT! WILL KEEP THE ABILITY TO PLACE LIVING WOOD BLOCKS AND LEAF BLOCKS! just place a block instead of using a wand and instead you can craft the blocks using a living loom)

3.make many many more summoner class items and armor sets. make it a class that can be played throughout the whole game

4.put 3 legendary items in each chest 1 ranged 1 mele 1 magic.
Example.
Crimson chest: Vampire knives, Steal Blood spellbook, and Vampire Gun
Or make 3 different chests each with 1 weapon.

5.remove key molds just make keys drop. (I am well aware of the reason they were implemented and was part of the argument)

6. make a key and chest for space biome, underworld (AKA hell) biome, desert biome, ovrerworld biome, general underground biome, ocean biome, dungeon biome, Glowing Mushroom biome. So since the keys are so rare you will have a chance to get them no matter where you are. (If I missed a biome tell me please)

7. a graveyard mini biome The graveyard will have gray dead looking grass. In it zombies will spawn day and night and different new types of skeletons will spawn, Skeleton Warrior, Skeleton Knight and Skeleton Mage and there will be tombstones all around. (I have a cool special idea I want to do with this, but I am not going to say what it is, MUAHAHA!) (This idea may be removed because having this many biomes/dungeons on the surface of 1 world may get crowded)

8. a goblin fortress. The goblin fortress will be put in world generation somewhere on the surface jungle on each world. There will be new goblin enemys in the dungeon, goblin guardian, goblin soldier, goblin wizard, goblin slave. And a goblin king boss you need to kill before entering the fortress or be killed by a dungeon guardian. It will go underground like the dungeon but have a different design than the dungeon. Will always be built with green goblin brick blocks. The goblin tinkerer can only be found in the goblin fortress and not just anywhere underground

9.leather armor as an early ranged armor set

10.Change the vilethorn to be purple and give the old model of the vilethorn to a new weapon called the Briarthorn: which is part of a recipe for the Rosethorn (all 3 of them work like the vilethorn but each is better than the vilethorn)

11.Poison arrow. has a chance to apply poison DOT on enemy. Crafted with Stingers.

12.Make all the old bosses (EoC, EoW BoC, and Mechanical bosses) have items they can drop like plantera and the golem do

13. More banners! http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/more-variety-in-slime-banners.135380/ Credit for the idea goes to Lenifors

14. Obsidian armor that has a set bonus of immunity to lava for 22 seconds (that's as long as you can hold your breath underwater Might change it to be lower because that might be OP) and is not crafted with obsidian bars just the obsidian ore

15. Make all bees from weapons/accessory ignore armor but reduce their damage.

16. You can place torches on platforms but not stairs

17. When an enemy is at 25% HP or under you can use a Monster Cage (Crafted with 10 Iron/lead Bars) and capture it in a cage. It would be placeable like the Critters you put in the terrariums.

18. Weather machine. Can be bought from the Steampunker for 1 platinum and 50 gold when its raining. Lets you turn rain on and off.

19. The WoF will drop 2 items together in a set Example, Drops Sorcerer Emblem with laser rifle, drops Warrior emblem with Breaker Blade

20. You can craft the cobalt shield with 5 cobalt/palladium bars at an anvil (possibility of having a palladium shield that just looks different). So if your unlucky enough to not have one on your world or you have like 5 people on your server everyone will get one. Eventually.

21. Make a slime for each biome. (Space slime, Sand Slime, Undead slime ect ect ect)

22. Most statues have a use
Corrupt statue if in the corrupt biome spawns a devourer
Hornet Statue spawns a hornet
Eyeball Statue spawns a demon eye
Goblin statue spawns a Goblin Theif
Imp statue spawns a fire imp if in hell
Mushroom statue spawns a mushroom or a glowing mushroom if in the glowing mushroom biome
Sunflower statue spawns sunflowers
Tree statue spawns an acorn (or wood)
Lihzahrd statue spawns a Lihzahrd
Armor statue spawns a possessed armor if in hardmode

23. Medium paintbrush that has a 2x2 paint radius. Large paintbrush that has a 3x3 paint radius. can both be bought from the painter for 1 gold each
Medium Paint Roller that has 2x2 paint radius. Large paint roller that has a 3x3 paint radius. Can both be bought from the painter for 1 gold each
Paint gun that works like a clemtaminator but paints blocks instead. Can be bought from the painter for 2 platinum

24. Pre-Hardmode Glowing mushroom armor. Set bonus makes you glow brighter than a miners helmet.

25. More mushroom furniture. http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/mushrooms-plus-sprites.142265/ Credit for the idea goes to DakotaSpine

26. Pet/Light slot. Beside your accessorys you have a pet equip slot and a light equip slot. You can put a pet summoning item in the pet slot and that pet will just always follow you. The Light equip slot is for shadow orb/fairy bell/wisp in a bottle. This way you don't need to re summon all your pets every time you die.

27. Wing and Grapple slot. Same as 26 but for wings and grapples.

28. The Destroyer Emblem takes a Ranger Emblem instead of an Avenger
The Mechanical Glove takes a Warrior Emblem instead of an Avenger
And the Celestial Emblem takes a Sorcerer Emblem instead of an Avenger

29. Add Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead , Silver, Tungsten, Gold, Platinum, Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, And Titanium Furniture sets.

30. Add Toilets to all furniture sets.

31. The ability to make a boss spawner that just spawns 1 pumpking or mourning wood or santank or ice queen or everscream but a bit more powerful than the ones in the invasions
Note: NOT saying remove the invasions. You can still do them if you want it's just that while yes the invasions are fun I still miss having 1 on 1 bossfights

32. Night's Curve. A bow Made with Demon/Tendon Bow, Necro Bow(new), Vine Bow(new), and Molten Fury at a Demon Altar.
True Night's Curve. A bow Made with Night's Curve and 1 Ancient hero bar (dropped from Solar Eclipse can also be crafted into terra blade) at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
Hallow. A bow made with 10 Hallowed bars.
True Hallow. A bow made with Hallow and 1 Ancient hero bar. at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
Terra Bow. Made with 1 True Hallow, 1 True Night's Curve and 1 Ancient hero bar at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

33. Instead of beetle husks the golem drops Lihzahrdium bars. Just for cosmetic affect because it makes no sense to me that the golem drops beetle husks.

34. All pieces of armor will show the set bonus on them. It is grayed out unless you have the full set equipped.

The list may expand as I get more ideas. If you have any suggestions feel free to say them, I will give you credit for the idea

P.S. red you have permission to steal any of these ideas ;) (just please say at least inspiration for the idea came from my mod, don't have to but I'd appreciate it)

Cool stuff right? So this mod is currently 0.00% complete as I am still learning C#. But rest assured. Once im finished learning and tAPI comes out updated for 1.3 this mod will be being worked on. Unless maybe that by that time I feel comfortable enough to try modding without using tAPI.

And still I have no spriter. If you want to help me sprite then send me a PM with some of your sprites. And don't worry. If you do say you'll sprite for me I will NOT give you any deadline or any pressure like "Finish it by tomorrow or your fired". You can work at whatever pace fits you.

Also. Aden's mod is a placeholder name until I can think of a better one. Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Cool stuff right? So this mod is currently 0.00% complete as I am still learning C#.
Don't get your hopes up too early. most of the stuff you mentioned is A LOT more difficult to implement than you think... making UI stuff, let alone making new inventory slots, changing parts of worldgen code, let alone making CUSTOM STRUCTURES or CUSTOM BIOMES spawn, making custom chests generate, let alone making them locked and requiring a key to open, making mobs spawn from vanilla statues, are a total pain to get done. so good luck...
IF you can get all of that done w/o flaws or glitches, BEFORE THE AVALON MOD COMES OUT (there will be some pretty important source code there that'll help you in making what you listed), then i have no words. still, good luck.

Don't get your hopes up too early. most of the stuff you mentioned is A LOT more difficult to implement than you think... making UI stuff, let alone making new inventory slots, changing parts of worldgen code, let alone making CUSTOM STRUCTURES or CUSTOM BIOMES spawn, making custom chests generate, let alone making them locked and requiring a key to open, making mobs spawn from vanilla statues, are a total pain to get done. so good luck...
IF you can get all of that done w/o flaws or glitches, BEFORE THE AVALON MOD COMES OUT (there will be some pretty important source code there that'll help you in making what you listed), then i have no words. still, good luck.
Yeah, I know, most of it will be difficult, but alot of what I want to add is just items, and I am pretty sure that those are simple. (or at least, alot simpler)

Really?

That kinda sucks.
Though I was just about to make a suggestion thread and forget about this, I'm thinking of doing something else with my life.

Also this list is really out of date.
You could just wait for PrismAPI which is like tAPI, just on steroids and all other cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom