Game Mechanics Wiring Request: Mining Protection Blocks

TobiasAmaranth

Terrarian
I'm a bit late to the game on this idea, so I can't expect it will ever be added, but with all the new wiring ideas it got me thinking how the main game needs a way for people to 'lock' their builds. This would be an end game item, and obviously it has to be a temporary status, hence being wiring related.

I'm not fancy enough to provide visuals but this is what I picture.

1. An Upper-left block, and a lower-right block, connected by wire form the 'area'.
  2. Inside the area, which would be 1 block to the outside and all blocks 'between' in a rectangle, blocks, furniture, and walls cannot be destroyed. Optionally, wiring can also be hidden.
  3. The extra block to the outside is to prevent people from being able to add wiring to connect into the deactivators.
  4. As nothing can be destroyed, it shouldn't be possible easy to activate a field and then never be able to deactivate it. But it may have to only be able to be activated on a direct circuit (switch/lever and NOT pressure plates / and/or gates).
  5. The item would be obtained or build from absolute end game materials in order to prevent progression issues.
  6. The mechanic should retain its current status when loading a world, but a new option on load could explicitly deactivate all Protection blocks. This gives those who own the worlds a chance to fix an impossible circuit.

The goal is to provide an affected area where people can, in a normal game, protect their puzzle areas and builds from modification. Optionally, they can even add additional challenge by making it impossible to see the wiring inside that given area, leaving people unable to 'spy' on the traps within.

Back
Top Bottom