World advice

Asidius

Terrarian
Hi there,

I'm a returning Terraria player that has put in some hours over the years but never seems to get far into hardmode. Time to change that!

I'm just after some advice please. What are peoples thoughts about turning their world into hardmode? Do you keep everything generally to your one main world and then protect your home from the corruption/hallow?, do you have a world for building in and then create another to turn into hardmode? Do you need to protect your home from the spread?

I generally build one big base when I play but this time I may build various sub bases in different biomes

Thank you for your time :)

With the 1.4 update encouraging players not to have one main central base, and build smaller housing in different biomes, protection from corruption/crimson spread is a little different now.

Generally I don't worry about spread in the world as a whole. I build housing in the different biomes and if it's one that is particularly vulnerable (such as ocean biomes which can rapidly change, or the jungle which can be irreversibly destroyed by corruption/crimson) I spend time protecting those before entering hardmode.

As housing is better small now, protecting them is much easier. 6 block wide tunnels each side and beneath (and above if the house is undrground) is enough to prevent the spread to them.

As for having your base in one world, and hardmode in a separate one, I find that to be a pain more than anything. I tried it and ended up abandoning the easy mode world, and remaining in the hard mode one. It's annoying having to change world because your one short of soul of night, and you can't just pop down and collect one.

You can use multiple worlds. Have your central world be set up and safe the way you like it. Make some throwaway worlds for mining hardmode ores where it doesn't matter how the biomes spread. You'll need to turn your central world into hardmode to progress and get all NPCs, but you can spend as much time as you need getting things set up the way you like them before you pull the trigger.

With the 1.4 update encouraging players not to have one main central base, and build smaller housing in different biomes, protection from corruption/crimson spread is a little different now.

Generally I don't worry about spread in the world as a whole. I build housing in the different biomes and if it's one that is particularly vulnerable (such as ocean biomes which can rapidly change, or the jungle which can be irreversibly destroyed by corruption/crimson) I spend time protecting those before entering hardmode.

As housing is better small now, protecting them is much easier. 6 block wide tunnels each side and beneath (and above if the house is undrground) is enough to prevent the spread to them.

As for having your base in one world, and hardmode in a separate one, I find that to be a pain more than anything. I tried it and ended up abandoning the easy mode world, and remaining in the hard mode one. It's annoying having to change world because your one short of soul of night, and you can't just pop down and collect one.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom