tModLoader World and Character save disappeared after adding to the cloud

redxlaser15

Terrarian
I wanted to make sure that my characters saved across computers, so, of course, I activated Steam Cloud Saving of them. However, they completely disappeared when I did so, complaining that there wasn't a backup. I tried to google this problem but the only results I got were old and not relevant to the Steam version of tmodloader.

Dunno what can you do to recover them, but don't use cloud with Tmodloader, I think. I think they just don't work well together. I mean, that's not very helpful to say, I know, but I don't know how to recover them.

However, I seen this issue before too, so I wonder, what if the game would bring up a message when someone wants to save to the cloud that it highly likely will corrupt their files and so they shouldn't do that or something?

I wanted to make sure that my characters saved across computers, so, of course, I activated Steam Cloud Saving of them. However, they completely disappeared when I did so, complaining that there wasn't a backup. I tried to google this problem but the only results I got were old and not relevant to the Steam version of tmodloader.
Open your Tmodloader in "My documens" and find there backup archive in "worlds" folder, copy those files in archive in your "worlds" folder.

Open your Tmodloader in "My documens" and find there backup archive in "worlds" folder, copy those files in archive in your "worlds" folder.
Sorry for the necro but my tmod loader world with about 700 hours on it corrupted. I went to documents/mygames but it was only terraria there, not tmod loader. The steamapps directory doesnt have the world's filder there either.

Back
Top Bottom