World not loading.

Casro

Terrarian
I've been playing on a game for a few weeks and I just got on today and first thing that was different was that when I open Terraria, Game Launcher generally opens first since I used to use mods (I play vanilla now but the launcher still opens). But when I opened it, it didn't open the launcher instead it just went straight to the game and when it opened all my settings were reset but my character and world was still there but my world was different, it used to be called '(my character's name)'s World' but now it's called '(My characters name)-s_World' and when i opened it the game crashed and a window opened with an error: (I can't copy paste it so bare with me if there are any typos) BTW: I own a fully legitimate version of the latest Terraria.

"System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.Main.lookForColorTiles()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framwork.Game.Drawframe()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framwork.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framwork.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framwork.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framwork.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framwork.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContent.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtrdwComponentIP, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Applications.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)

I found out that it is only that one world because I tried my character on another world and it worked and I also tried making a new character and loading the world and it crashed with the same error. Also when I used Tedit the world doesn't open properly, it just comes up with a black screen and nothing loads. One of the things I found that could of been the cause was that the last time I played on that world I had an AFK farm and before I quit the world I kept at least 50-100 items still on the ground because I didn't need them. i don't really know if that's a problem or not but I don't really know.

Hmm, sounds like your world has been corrupted, because this happened to me when my world got corrupted. If you made a backup, you are stuck with that. On some occasions, your world's backup goes unharmed. Check Documents>My Games>Terraria>Worlds and if there is a .bak file, change it to a .wld file. If it's a .bad file, then you are out of luck and you can only start over. How far were you into the game?

Back
Top Bottom