Worm web serial by Wildbow

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Re-Logic
Has anyone here other than me ever read this? It seems relatively unknown, but it is probably one of the most enjoyable stories I've read in a long time. Would love to discuss it with someone else for once!

If you enjoy super-hero stories that are intellectually written and focus more on the practical sides of a super-hero world, check it out here: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/about/

I will warn, its pretty long, but it has one of the best universes I've ever run into in fiction.

Has anyone here other than me ever read this? It seems relatively unknown, but it is probably one of the most enjoyable stories I've read in a long time. Would love to discuss it with someone else for once!

If you enjoy super-hero stories that are intellectually written and focus more on the practical sides of a super-hero world, check it out here: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/about/

I will warn, its pretty long, but it has one of the best universes I've ever run into in fiction.
I haven't read or heard of it.
But after reading the "About",it seems pretty interesting.
Will look forward to reading...Maybe tomorrow.....

I haven't read or heard of it.
But after reading the "About",it seems pretty interesting.
Will look forward to reading...Maybe tomorrow.....

Let me know if you do . . . it takes a bit to take off, but its a really good story.

I will definitely read this. It may give more shape to my current masterverse in my mind. headworlds for the win

Either of you get a chance to read a chapter or two? (wishes I could un-read Worm so I could experience it fresh again)

30, plus 1 for an Epilogue. Its pretty long.

What do you think so far? Is it actually good, or was I just in a severe case of self-deception?

It is really good, but I don't like this chapter, as it isn't written from Taylor's perspective, that is something that I really like about this, one main character and then in the interludes it is from another perspective, that's what I like, so I hope it will return to the 'normal' form.

Well, people say that I'm sick, because I'm reading this instead of gaming, I just say that this is the best story I've read in a long long time.
Thanks Leinfors, for saying that this exists.

Woot!

Glad its not just me.

Tragically, I've had to resort to reading Worm fanfiction . . . some of which is surprisingly well written as well! Let me know if you need to keep feeding the the beast, I'll link some here.

What I need to do is check out Wildbow's new story . . . haven't had a chance to read any of it. I hope it is even half as good.

I am done... I will probably start writing my own fanfiction when I have recovored from losing grip on the one thing I've been doing, and that may or may not involve the numbers 11, 13, and their religious meaning.

There are a few good Worm fanfictions out there, of a few styles. Some of the ones I read:

Cenotaph - A more ruthless, yet incredibly stealthy and restrained Skitter, does things in a different way.

Manager - The most divergent from the original, this Skitter gets power swapping/stealing instead, and very quickly turns into an OP nightmare of synergistic powers. Unfinished.

A Tale of Transmigration (thread 2 here) - Taking place in an similar alternate universe with more capes and Endbringers, Skitter and a few other characters get to start a sort of New Game+, triggering with memories and skills developed in the original Worm universe, along with a new bonus power. Unfinished.

Cenotaph is the most true to the original in feel, while Manager is a chance to see what Taylor could do if she was way stronger than in canon, with Tale of Transmigration being an attempt to expand on the universe and give Taylor a "round 2" at the story.

ToT is probably my favorite, because it gives me more of the Wormverse I love, and is done fairly well . . . but Manager is pretty exciting watching her bulldoze her way through threats that canon-Taylor couldn't touch. Cenotaph is nice though, because it shows even more efficiently Taylor could have used her powers (but don't go near Cricket . . . probably the only person who came close to ruining her schemes).

So aside from getting entirely addicted, what did you think? Favorite parts?

I think you should first of all read Looking glass and shattered glass, if you haven't already, I haven't finished shattered glass, but it seems promising, and my favourite part? Has to be the ending, I was so caught up in all of it, I didn't expect it, and it shocked me, for the first time in like forever I was shocked over how a book ended.

I read about some of the Skitter facts, on TVtropes, and some of them are really funny, maybe you'll enjoy them too.
Skitter started her villain career as an undercover hero. She was so skilled that when the villains she’d set out to betray found out, they offered her her job back. (8.8)

Back
Top Bottom