Worst Weapon or item

Avoiding weakest stats and Pearlwood weapons, I have a few that people haven’t mentioned

-Tragic Umbrella. Literally a post Skeletron weapon because you get it from the Clothier, and it has zero utility either as a weapon or a tool at this point.

-Flintlock Pistol. Exactly 0 reason to use this over whatever gun you got the Arms Dealer with.

Funny how all the worst weapons have sonething to do with NPCs tbh

Flare gun at the stage you get it
Dart pistol is heavily outclassed by the Dart Rifle
Rainbow Crystal staff deals a ton of damage, but it’s aim is sucky

What makes the dart pistol bad/heavily outclassed? I haven’t used it a bunch but I‘ve found it to kick :red: and be more effective than the rifle at dealing with bosses like the twins/skeletron/plantera, especially since ichor darts are readily available in a crimson world and difficult to acquire in a corrupt one.

Personally I’d say the wood fishing pole.

Bananarang is cool as a weapon, but obsolete because of it is ultra-rare drop (3.33%) from rare enemy (Clown, 2-3 in single blood moon (for me at least)). And... after these drops... it is not OP. Also, you should farm for 10 Bananarangs, which means you should kill Clowns for a very long time... so a minimum of 3x 3.33% drops on rare enemy... it scares me.

Why, any weapon can be useless if it's outclassed. A terra blade can be close to worthless in modded endgame.

However, the blowpipe is perhaps the worst, most useless, and most disliked weapon in the game. I don't even bother selling it. It goes straight to my trash if I find one.
Id say tin shortsword if I were u :(

(This took me two hours to make.)

10. Flare gun. The reason why it is at the shallow waters of the list is the fact that it inflict "On Fire!" for 5 to 10 seconds, versus the 0.5 to 3 seconds of the Wand of Sparkling. Hey, give it some love, it's not so bad.

9. Blowpipe. It should be in the top five, but @Unit One has a good point. Getting ammo for it is easy, and it is auto-fire. Think of it as a D.I.Y Minishark. Honestly, when I started a ranger playthrough, the blowpipe was one of the first weapons I used.

8. White Phaseblade. Ok, instead of using one of the most rarest gems in Terraria to make one of the most powerful pre-hardmode magic weapons... You decided to make a plastic star wars weapon you find in a kid's store? And with the same amount of base damage with the other gem Phaseblades? Weird flex but ok.

7. Paper Airplanes. Honestly, I don't see anything that paper airplanes can be useful for other than being entertaining. Sure, I sometimes play with paper airplanes in Terraria as well, but we're talking about damage outputs here, and having a 1.39% chance to be dropped by an enemy that only spawns during an event is not going to help.

6. Cactus Pickaxe. 15 cacti for a weapon with 4 base damage is rather weak as you can make two rolling cacti over that. But your pick is not in vain, as it has a 1+ range over a copper pickaxe!... Yeah, the only use with this is having a better range than your starter pickaxe, and most players would rather skip to iron and lead than this.

5. White Phasesaber. You flex very hard... You flexed yourself out of the room! Weird flex to have on a diamond Phaseblade, but this is just outrageous.

4. Wand of Sparkling. Very self-explanatory, it's the copper shortsword equivalent to mage weapons.

3. Copper Hammer. This tool is extremely irrelevant and a waste of time and resources during early pre-hardmode, it is by far one of the worst items out there. Unlike the wooden hammer, players will not use this tool as the first hammer they will get. No sane person would go "Argh, darn it, I misplaced a wall, guess I'll forge a hammer made of 24 copper ores, 20 stone blocks, 17 wood, and 3 torches!"

2. Classy cane. Not worth your time. It's a weapon that has a 12.5% chance of dropping from the tax collector, a purified version of an uncommon underworld enemy. It is weaker than 113 pre-hardmode weapons! Explosives included! (This took me 30 minutes to count all of these weapons. Somebody gotta do it.)

1. Pearlwood bow. It is the most expensive pearlwood weapon out of all of the others. It is truly the worst thing to have existed in Terraria. While a pearlwood sword is useless, it's not ranked as it only takes 7 pearlwood to make in contrast to the bow's 10 wood. It even deals less damage than a pearlwood sword! It is so puny that every umbrella that exists in Terraria can deal more damage! In fact, a highly magnetic banana can deal 6x the damage this can deal! This is truly an outrage...

Back
Top Bottom