PC Xbox One Wired Controller not working

happyface3000

Terrarian
So I have played terraria with a wired controller (the same one as right now) and it works just fine. all the same controls already set up like the controls on and xbox. Then I started using the controller for other games like Castle Crashers, Minecraft, Starbound, and Stardew Valley. When I came back to terraria, my controller settings were all messed up. For example, [JUMP] was [LB], but but the jump button is supposed to be [A]. I checked the controller figuration and it was all mixed up. the only button that it would sense that it was a controller was the [LT] button. So when press the LB button, it shows the normal controls on the botton left of the game screen, but when i press anything else it would just think it's a mouse and a keyboard. ?? How do i fix this?

Chances are at some point you turned on Steam's Big Picture Mode for extended controller support. It aims to translate PC controls to Gamepad controls but messes up games with native Gamepad support.

Do you know how to turn it off or do you need assistance in this matter?

Chances are at some point you turned on Steam's Big Picture Mode for extended controller support. It aims to translate PC controls to Gamepad controls but messes up games with native Gamepad support.

Do you know how to turn it off or do you need assistance in this matter?
i need help
soory

IN Terraria Xbox One, the default button to jump is Left Trigger (labeled as LT). It may have previously been updated from A, which is why your controls might be messed up. I'm more of an Xbox One expert, so that's the only reason I got. Sorry if this didn't help.

IN Terraria Xbox One, the default button to jump is Left Trigger (labeled as LT). It may have previously been updated from A, which is why your controls might be messed up. I'm more of an Xbox One expert, so that's the only reason I got. Sorry if this didn't help.
that's confusing.. i used the same xbox one controller but it has the same controls as xbox 360, which im used to..

that's confusing.. i used the same xbox one controller but it has the same controls as xbox 360, which im used to..
Well, that could mean that the update to Xbox One controls is the problem. Just go ahead and change the controls back to what you have.

Well, that could mean that the update to Xbox One controls is the problem. Just go ahead and change the controls back to what you have.
i think the controller is fine, but the steam controls and the in-game setup controls are getting messed up. my in game controls are how im used to, but the steam also had setup terraria controls so it kinda got mixed up i guess.

i think the controller is fine, but the steam controls and the in-game setup controls are getting messed up. my in game controls are how im used to, but the steam also had setup terraria controls so it kinda got mixed up i guess.
Like I said, just change them back.

Here is the guide on how to fix it:

• Start up steam Big Picture Mode.
w9106tw.png

• Click the Gear Icon in the top right.
hOTiP2Q.png

• Click on controller settings.
GuwibnI.png

• Make sure the following are all turned off. Then save your settings and start up Terraria.
odkt6zi.png

Let me know if this resolved your issue or not.

Back
Top Bottom