Xbox One Xbox split screen extreme lag

Pokydragon

Terrarian
I recently got back into terraria on the Xbox and I have been having a blast playing with my friends! But when playing I’ve noticed when doing boss battles terraria would freeze for like 30 seconds and I would die to the bosses in that time so terraria is unplayable.

I really love terraria and definitely want this to be fixed so I can actually play! Thanks so much

Which xbox are you playing on?

Original Xbox One (As in the first released one), Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Or Series S/X?

I recently got back into terraria on the Xbox and I have been having a blast playing with my friends! But when playing I’ve noticed when doing boss battles terraria would freeze for like 30 seconds and I would die to the bosses in that time so terraria is unplayable.

I really love terraria and definitely want this to be fixed so I can actually play! Thanks so much
Yeah, this is a problem on PS4 as well. It seems to happen when a lot of particles are on screen. It also happens during events such as Pumpkin Moon.

The 1.4 update, which (hopefully) happens in the next few weeks, is a full rewrite, so this should no longer be a problem after then.

Yeah, this is a problem on PS4 as well. It seems to happen when a lot of particles are on screen. It also happens during events such as Pumpkin Moon.

The 1.4 update, which (hopefully) happens in the next few weeks, is a full rewrite, so this should no longer be a problem after then.
Thanks so much! Hopefully 1.4 comes soon!😁

heh, funny enough the console 1.3 update was also a full re-write from the XNA framework to unity and clean up the code of Engine Software, a massive update and a massive re-write taken up by Pipeworks. I have no idea DR studios was also doing a re-write for their port of the game and I have been following along on the forums of the ports development.

Xbox one s I believe
What boss were you fighting when the lag happened? I just tried split screen on the Series X and didn't encounter lag when fighting the eye. Did stutter a bit when walking around the screen tho when the boss wasn't out. So I would assume it is a issue with the game that is hopefully resolved in the next update

What boss were you fighting when the lag happened? I just tried split screen on the Series X and didn't encounter lag when fighting the eye. Did stutter a bit when walking around the screen tho when the boss wasn't out. So I would assume it is a issue with the game that is hopefully resolved in the next update
The freezing happens when I use my nebula fragment weapons and usually freezes more frequently when me and my little brother play spilt screen, but the freezing still happens when I’m not playing split screen.

Back
Top Bottom