PC You Can't Stop the Cheese - Moon Lord Farm 1.3.0.5

Do you think it's possible to run out of methods/motivation to cheese the Moon Lord fight?

• Yes

• No

• Not on my watch!

• I don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.

ψeud

Terrarian
When the Moon Lord was first added 1.3, a small number of us Terrarians decided to cheese him with Lifesteal. That was patched.
When he returned in 1.3.0.3, some took the path of teleportation. That too, was patched.
Upon 1.3.0.4, the remaining few turned to spike pits. But even that was taken away!

So now, in 1.3.0.5, I present evidence that nothing will stop us from inventing more ways to cheese. After all, the Moon's made of it.

Step 1: Build an arena as shown:

ARENA SETUP: A box with two heart statues on top, hooked to a 1-second timer. Inside is a crab statue hooked to the timer and a bubble block filled with honey. A roof hangs over the box with a heart lantern hanging from it, and campfires are situated nearby on platforms.

GEAR: Spectre Armor (Mask), Blizzard Staff & Razorpine, Magic Cuffs, Charm of Myths, Celestial Emblem, Paladin's Shield, Celestial Shell.

Since the arena provides a source of constant damage, the Mana Cuffs provide infinite mana reserves, regenerating mana as fast as you use it.
ELnkCBv.jpg

1d3fpeg.jpg

Step 2: Summon the Moon Lord.

Step 3: use the Blizzard Staff on the hands and head.
Db2bj5R.jpg

I'm an idiot--I accidentally killed the hands with the Spectre Armor's homing attack. Buy hey, the arena keeps me from dying anyway.
rJeGF3B.jpg

Step 4: Use the Razorpine to attack the Core through the floor platforms.
KhAzUBW.jpg

Step 5: Obtain sweet loot
bu3Ql1e.jpg
(Finally got a Melee item...)

Pre-Lunar Gear, and it works like a charm. I wonder how the devs will try to patch this one?

By removing all crabs from the game. :p
This isn't really as cheesy as the others, as all it takes advantage of is infinite crab mana.

Actually, you have "infinite" health too. You can't take damage in-between invincibility frames.

Throw the CHEESE!
Cheesing is key. That's how you could easily kill King slime over and over pre-1.3

Back
Top Bottom