PC Your weirdest world/map!

Dudelbaum

Terrarian
I am really curious to know what kind of strange anomalies did you encounter upon generating a new world. If possible post pictures as well.
I'll begin:

I decided to start a new world with a new Terrarian some time ago and I ended up with a really wacky place. I'm not sure if it was all-natural or if the Gods of Terraria were a bunch of trolls or perhaps there was some kind of error/conflict between the mods that I had. That was the first time I played with mods, so that could explain it.

Anyway, the whole place was creepy. The first thing I did was to build a home for myself and that was near the living tree that you can see in the middle (map1). After a while, I began exploring starting with the living tree itself. I began digging around a bit and then...I FELL TO MY DEATH! The world had spawned with a build-in hellavator that went halfway down the map! ``How convenient``, I said to myself after getting over the shock. It was clear to me that I needed some equipment in order to commence any further expeditions. Being the pauper that I was, I got me hands on some rope and a rusty hook (can't remember the name, but it's below the basic grappling hook and it has a range of 5 blocks or something like that). And thus it began. Only to die again. This time I fell to my death all the way to hell. Upon reaching the bottom of the semi-hellavator I fell into that spade-shaped gigantic chasm. It took me hours and countless deaths to discover just how enormous the whole thing was. Of course, I needed more than just rope. It got easier once I obtained my first pair of wings and after I managed to make up the cave's outline so that I would know how to fall and not die. Other peculiarities: the lines that can be seen in the upper part of the chasm are actually minecart tracks. I had to fill in the gaps where necessary but they were pretty much complete. The track started deep in the ice biome and went all the way into the jungle across the chasm. Again, how convenient! There was also a track which started near the hellavator and went through the entire Underground Desert all the way to the jungle. Also throughout the chasm, there were tons of chests and life crystals suspended in the air.

At this point, I got used to this bizarre world. Later I decided to build I small house near the sea for one of the NPCs. Well, tough luck, my friend. You ain't got any of that cause on one side there was, again, a hellish pit straight to the devil himself complete with a corrupt biome right on the edge. Fine, I'll just go on the other side. Nope. On the other side, there was also what appears to be someone's idea of a cruel joke. A funny house would more suitable to build. Frustrating as it got, I still went on and made this my homeworld. I found it unique. My Terrarian is a witch who lives inside the trunk of a Mohagany tree. I think this world suits the theme.

So, is there an explanation for such a generation? What is your experience?

Map1.png

Map2.png
Map3.png

Definitely mod corruption. It's more obvious when you look at the eastern "ocean" bubble. The rough edge and all the weirdness of it shows that it is a glitching bubble. More than likely you'll want to create worlds with fewer mods active then reactivate them again.

You should play around with different combos of all mods you had when making this world. If you can narrow down the mods that produce the glitching you can inform the creators

Definitely mod corruption. It's more obvious when you look at the eastern "ocean" bubble. The rough edge and all the weirdness of it shows that it is a glitching bubble. More than likely you'll want to create worlds with fewer mods active then reactivate them again.

You should play around with different combos of all mods you had when making this world. If you can narrow down the mods that produce the glitching you can inform the creators
Yeah, so it seems.

Doing the combo thing is actually a good idea to find out what makes it go wrong, but it is kinda late now. With the release of the new update in less than a month, most mods will probably stop working either way. Might as well wait until everything settles down and see how it goes then.

Yeah, so it seems.

Doing the combo thing is actually a good idea to find out what makes it go wrong, but it is kinda late now. With the release of the new update in less than a month, most mods will probably stop working either way. Might as well wait until everything settles down and see how it goes then.
You'll be able to switch back to 1.3.5 using the Beta settings on Steam. They'll make it that way to allow players to keep playing with mods, so that's not a big problem.

Back
Top Bottom