Items Zombification/Reanimation Vial

What do you think of respawning far away and having to walk back?

• It's terrible, I hate walking for no reason!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I love it, it makes the experience more real!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Eh, I don't really care, this is a stupid thing to discuss.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Another choice to make this less one sided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still not happy? Try this one!

• Cupcake

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • It could use some work

• Total voters

GIRGHGH

Empress of Light
It's been AGES since I've made a suggestion here, so this is something I really think we need, not something that'd just be cool. The Zombification Vial is an accessory made from a vial of venom and rotten chunks along with souls of fright. If you die when it's equipped, you will respawn right where you died. It gives you a buff and breaks upon respawning. It can be stacked, but there is a limit of 5 in your inventory.

Zombification Vial: Accessory, stacks x5
Consumable
Respawn where you died

Buff: Zombified, 25 second duration
Significant increase to all stats
Attacks inflict cursed flames
Slightly decreased movement speed
You are greyish green

The Reanimation Vial is the crimson counterpart to the Zombification Vial and therefore uses vertebre. It has it's own buff and the same respawning effect. It also stacks, but the limit is for both types so you can't have 10 at once by having both. Additionally, you can only use one kind of vial at a time, that way you don't get two buffs when you respawn.

Reanimation Vial: Accessory, stacks 5
Consumable
Respawn where you die

Buff: Meat Body, 25 second duration
Greatly increased movement speed
All enemies are confused
All regeneration is halted
You are red

This isn't the most useful in a battle, but it should help for people who die and don't like walking back. An added note, if your character is hardcore you have the option to drink it like a potion, which has double the duration and only works for hardcore characters.

On a blood moon, there is a 20% chance not to consume either vial.

I think this would be a bit too easy to respawn. Put a stack in your Piggy Bank in case you run out.
It not like those aren't used for other stuff anyway.
So... why isn't it useful for battle? Theres nearly no side effect or limitation to these items, and they're made with fairly common items.

Nice one-sided poll by the way.
How is the poll one-sided? I said a I hate and an I like, then threw in an I don't care! Also it takes up an accessory spot and you need to die to use it's effects.

I can see why the poll was 'one sided'. The 'neutral' option has a lot more 'I don't like it at all' than the actual 'I don't like it' option. It'd be better if it didn't have the 'it's a stupid thing to discuss' bit to it. In short, could have been better worded.

Added: A better way of putting it could have been 'Neutral, needs work'.

That said, I'm more or less neutral on this. Reason being: Not being sure on the details of the buffs. Such as what happens when it runs out? Do you die again? Do you get a 'second chance' and continue living after the buff runs out? If you do, this might need some re-working as it'd be a little OP with Hardcore characters due to the items required are fairly easy to get. I get that it would be pointless if you did die after when using it with Hardcore characters, but still. It'd be fairly OP, but I DO like the idea of something that does something different in Hardcore.

Added: Think it shouldn't stack at all and maybe that bosses still 'run away' even when this item is triggered. It would succeed in making it less useful in boss fights but still help in Hardcore a little. However, something I just thought is what if you die as a result of getting buried in sand, silt, or slush? You'd just get revived right where you were and still be buried. Same with dying in lava or water. I'd guess in that case it could teleport you to the nearest open space that you can fit in to prevent a chain death from at least with the gravity affected blocks. Unsure about what can be done in the case you die in water or lava.

Admittedly, I never saw a point in doing Hardcore in this game. It and Mediumcore. Maybe some ideas for future suggestions?

Added: Hope this taken as more meaningful feedback than what you got.

Last edited:
A few questions:
  • Does this make you respawn where you died immediately or do you still have to wait?
  • Do you die again when the buff runs out or do you just lose the buff and go on as normal?

A few questions:
  • Does this make you respawn where you died immediately or do you still have to wait?
  • Do you die again when the buff runs out or do you just lose the buff and go on as normal?
Wondered the same, but I think with that last point is a 'no'. How so? It'd literally be useless if used by a Hardcore character if it killed you after the duration is over.

I can see why the poll was 'one sided'. The 'neutral' option has a lot more 'I don't like it at all' than the actual 'I don't like it' option. It'd be better if it didn't have the 'it's a stupid thing to discuss' bit to it. In short, could have been better worded.

Added: A better way of putting it could have been 'Neutral, needs work'.

That said, I'm more or less neutral on this. Reason being: Not being sure on the details of the buffs. Such as what happens when it runs out? Do you die again? Do you get a 'second chance' and continue living after the buff runs out? If you do, this might need some re-working as it'd be a little OP with Hardcore characters due to the items required are fairly easy to get. I get that it would be pointless if you did die after when using it with Hardcore characters, but still. It'd be fairly OP, but I DO like the idea of something that does something different in Hardcore.

Added: Think it shouldn't stack at all and maybe that bosses still 'run away' even when this item is triggered. It would succeed in making it less useful in boss fights but still help in Hardcore a little. However, something I just thought is what if you die as a result of getting buried in sand, silt, or slush? You'd just get revived right where you were and still be buried. Same with dying in lava or water. I'd guess in that case it could teleport you to the nearest open space that you can fit in to prevent a chain death from at least with the gravity affected blocks. Unsure about what can be done in the case you die in water or lava.

Admittedly, I never saw a point in doing Hardcore in this game. It and Mediumcore. Maybe some ideas for future suggestions?

Added: Hope this taken as more meaningful feedback than what you got.
A few questions:

Yes, you do still have to wait, it doesn't affect the respawn time and you still disappear like you died. This means bosses do despawn. That's one of the reasons I said it was not useful for battle.

When the buff is depleted, you are still alive, you just don't have the buff.

I also covered the hardcore thing, you must have missed it. It's unuseable and is switched to a potion function for those characters.

An added note, isn't the vial of venom post-Plantera?

An added note, isn't the vial of venom post-Plantera?

Which, are bought from the Witch Doctor. Pretty much anything that can be bought is easily obtainable.

Would say more but it'd likely be an incoherent mess due to it being fairly late in the night for me.

Which, are bought from the Witch Doctor. Pretty much anything that can be bought is easily obtainable.
The souls of fright aren't buy-able and the rotten chunks and vertebrae aren't either. From my experience, farming the later ingredient can be quite difficult to farm for even late game. Do you think it should be an endgame item?

Back
Top Bottom